XI: Rivalry

Eversince the day Luca left, he visits every now and then in the garden. I am quite surprised that Emyr hasn't caught us yet. Well the reason is, he's busier than ever. He has a lot of classes and has to go to different places for business purposes.

I know it is a different era than I once lived but child labor in this world is too much. He's like only fifteen and he has a whole lot of responsibility than me even if I am a year older than him.

The Duke is present in the manor right now, both Emyr and him seems busier than before. On the other hand, Caspian and I are enjoying our usual brunch in the garden.

The Duke gave both of us a letter of invitation to the imperial party that will take place a few days from now. It is a banquet hosted by the imperial family so we are obligated to go and not everyone is invited, as I have heard only the people with the highest positions in the empire and their families were invited.

We don't have any idea what for but as much as I wanted to stay away from the imperial family, as long as I am a Gleis, it is impossible.

"Noelle?" Caspian asked.

"Yes, sire?" Noelle politely responded.

"Why's everyone busy?" He asked as he watched a servant infront of us who almost stumbled as she carries a box full of who-knows-what.

"Well, the Duke commanded that everything should be prepared for the Imperial dinner so everyone is busy and you two will be busy too very soon." She replied.

"That's today?" Caspian pouted. This child should decrease the time he spends with me, he is now getting like a mini-me.

"You should go in your room then, Cas. I am sure you have a lot to do as well." I said and stood up, dusting off my dress.

"Okay." Caspian replied and dragged his feet as he exited the garden.

Noelle and I walked out too and went back to my room. A few of the manor's servants were already there, they are too busy putting different dresses and accessories in the stands to notice my arrival.

"Ehem." Noelle cleared her throat, alarming the servants that we have arrived.

"Good Day, my lady." They bowed.

"Good day to all of you too." I greeted back and sat on the couch, just infront of the dress stands that they have assembled.

There are four dresses in total. All of them are pretty but different in their own unique style. Wearing dresses like these were just my dreams in my past life. They all look expensive.

The first dress is pastel yellow. Out of all the dresses, it is the most appropriate and aligned with my age right now. It is flowy, has a lot of ruffles and a floral design. There are gold laces and jewelries embroided on it too.

The other dress is lime green. It is pretty but green doesn't suit my taste. It gives me a summer vibe to it. It has also floral patterns but with less ruffles, instead it's simple but still pretty.

The next dress is wine-colored. Something that screams Gleis. It is simple yet elegant looking. It is different from the other dress as it hugs the body of the wearer instead of the traditional flowy and princess type dresses. It doesn't have a lot of laces nor patterns or jewelry embroided to it but it's still elegant as it is made of shiny and soft silk.

"Have you decided what to wear, my Lady?" One of the servants whose name I don't know asked.

The red one is an obvious choice, I just don't know if it's an appropriate attire for an event with the imperial family.