XLIX: The Duchess of Clye

The day has passed so quickly, with the help of Az and Maurice we prepared the coop and the greenhouse just by the backyard of the manor. I just hope that it is enough to keep the livestock and the seedlings alive throughout the winter here in Clye.

"This looks marvelous." Maurice said as we all stood just by the entrance of the place. It once looked like an abandoned piece of land, not it has a coop on the left side, a small storage on the right and a greenhouse on the middle.

I faced Maurice, I can't help but to smile as I see the fruit of our labor unfolds. "We did it!" I said and gave him a side hug. He gently tapped my shoulders and said, "Not yet Lady, but we did started something." He gave me a small smile back. Well, he is right. This is just a start and probably, we will still encounter some hardships along the way.

We went back to the manor as we all need rest. The day must've been busy today but it will be busier tomorrow. All the goods will be shipped and the first batch of tears of cerce will be delivered to Yeoris. Maurice went back to his room while Azrael followed me like a duckling to it's mother.

"Aren't you going to rest, Az?" I asked, stopping on my tracks. He did not utter a word and grabbed by the arm and gently pulled me to my room.

"Sleep." He said and left the room. I wanted to say that he is acting weird but Az is weird and that's normal for him. I just closed the door and prepare for a warm bath, I got too much dirt on my clothes as well as my body.

It took me a while to clean myself thoroughly as there's dirt all over but once I'm done, I felt so much lighter and feeling this light and comfortable after a long day of work makes me just want to crash on my bed and sleep for days. I laid down on my bed and on an instant, I felt my consciousness drift away to a sleepless slumber.

♠ ♠ ♠

A soft knock woke me up. It is weird not to have warm sun rays hit my face as I woke up like in Yeoris . I groaned as I sat up on the bed, stretching my aching body. I must've exhausted my body too much yesterday.

Another knock.

"Give me a minute, please." I shouted, loud enough for whoever was outside to hear. I slowly stood up and walked towards the door. Upon opening it, I saw Maurice's shocked face.

"What? Something happened?" I asked.

"Young lady. I don't know how you were raised back in Gleis but you need to work on this behavior." He said, this is the first time that I was hearing Maurice talk in this kind of tone again.

"Why? What did I do?" I asked, confused.

"Look at what you are wearing!" I can hear the stress from Maurice's voice and yes I am just wearing the white night gown that I purchased on Yeoris in one of my trips.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I guess?" I apologized even if there's nothing to apologize for. Well Maurice will have a heart attack if he could see how people dress back on my original world.

"Wear decent clothes, we'll visit the mill." He said and closed the door on me. I went to my closet and found boring dresses. I mean when I first got it here I got too excited about the dresses like these as it wasn't normal to wear clothes like this everyday on my world but wearing it everyday isn't very convenient specially because of the tasks that I have right now.

Thankfully there an ample amount of pants and long sleeved blouses here that I got from Yeoris, sure I found them in the men's section but who cares? I am here to work not to act like a princess. Since I am in Clye, I would die with hypothermia if I go out like this. Coats can't be purchased in Yeoris, they are very rare since the temperature there is the opposite of Clye - humid and hot.