IV. The Debutante

The day has come. The manor is busier than ever. There's a lot of maids in my room, helping me to doll up for this much awaited event.

The dress they made me wear is much prettier than it was when I first fitted it. The designer must have added some touches here and there. The corset is uncomfortable though. It's too tight and it made breathing really hard.

My hair is upto my butt, it is too long for my liking but it looks majestic everytime I see it myself. They let my hair down and just added a very simple flower tiara with red roses made with rubies.

"You look like a fairy, my Lady!" Noelle exclaimed. I smiled at her brightly, she isn't wrong. Serena's beauty is out of this world. Can't blame those men that were easily seduced by Serena in my book.

"Let's go, my Lady. They are waiting for you." Noelle said. We headed to the entrance of the manor where two black carriages were parked. It looks luxurious, even the coachmen are dressed with all their dignity.

They made me wait in the entrance as it is the custom that the head of the house shall be the first to get in the carriages and leave.

The Duchess ascended from the grand stairs of the manor, she is really beautiful too. Her hair is as black as ebony window and her eyes is blue as an a clear sky. No wonder father, the Duke fell for her.

As she passed by me, she stopped.

"Do not dare to humiliate my family." She whispered and entered the carriage.

What would I expect from someone like her anyway? It's a rare phenomenon if the new wife will be nice to the first wife's child. So I understand.

Emyr swiftly entered the second carriage while Caspian ran and held my hand as we entered the carriage that Emyr rode in.

This will be my first time riding a carriage and I am not good with vehicles in my past life. I have severe motion sickness.

"Are you nervous, Sister?" Caspian asked as he gently squished my hand. I just smiled at him. I can't speak as I am feeling nauseous. I don't want to throw up and ruin my dress and my brother's and this very beautiful carriage.

The carriage ride took awhile, we traveled pretty far. The scenery outside the carriage window in started to change. From lifeless greens to lively villages. As we are entering the border, there's a huge gate that opened. We might be in the capital already.

"It's pretty here, Sister!" Caspian exclaimed excitedly. He's just a child after all. Emyr on the other hand is silent for the whole ride.

The scenery outside is lively. There's a lot of people in the streets, greeting the carriages with amusement in their eyes. The look excited to see grand carriages.

After a while, the carriage has stopped. The coachman opened the door of the carriage and we are escorted out. There was a grand and huge castle infront of us.

So this is the castle of the imperial family? The words I have used to described it in my book cannot compare to the sight infront of me right now. It is beautiful.

The Duchess, Emyr and Caspian were welcomed by the Duke with a slight embrace. I was left in the corner but I couldn't care less.

We entered the castle. We walked through a red carpet with a lot of noble was gathered. Murmurs are heard and they were talking about me.

"Is she the daughter of the witch?"

"I feel bad for the Duke. He has to raise that child of the witch."

Looking at us right now, I do look different. The Duke, Duchess and my brother all have black hair and the Duke and his sons look identical with their crimson eyes which is the only one I inherited from him.