XIII: Zion's Fate

I entered the palace, I did not even bother to feel the pain of my sprained ankle. All I wanted was to get away from the prince.

It's a been since I felt the old Serena inside of me, I haven't felt her since then, why did she suddenly awaken?

When Cyn said please earlier, I felt my heart beat rising, I am sure it wasn't me. It is Serena. That was all Serena's feelings.

After all this time, she still has feelings for that man? The very man that put an end to her life?

She really is naive.

I realized how dangerous it is being close to the first prince, I don't know how I will control Serena everytime Cyn came close. It seems like she wanted to get a hold of her body. She's desperate for Cyn.

Is it Serena's love

or

her desire for vengeance?

"Look where you're going." A lady said as we bumped into each other. I was too preoccupied of my thoughts to notice that there's a person standing on my way. I looked up and saw a pair of emerald eyes.

Saoirse.

"I apologize, Princess Wellington." I politely said and bowed. She just looked at me, her eyes pure of disgust. Her attention was instantly drawn to what or whoever's behind me.

"Greetings, your highness." She greeted so gracefully, a total opposite of her attitude towards me earlier.

"Princess Wellington." I knew that voice. It's the first prince. Don't tell me he followed me here?

My heart started racing, it beats to fast that I almost wanted to rip it out of my chest. Damn you Serena.

"Oh, no need to be so formal, just call me Saoirse." I can't stand this girl's high pitched laugh. It is making my ears hurt.

"Excuse me." I excused myself and left the area they were in. It took a lot of effort for me to bulge Serena from our spot earlier.

I made my way into our reserved seat where Emyr, Zion and Caspian were already sitting. I sat on the empty seat, just beside Emyr who's drinking some non-alcoholic drink.

"Where were you?" Emyr asked.

"I just needed some fresh air." I replied, he didn't not speak so I just kept silent.

I don't know the reasons why banquets were held in the first place. All people do is talk and talk. This is too boring.

"Congrats on your engagement, Zion." I said, he looked at me with the same gentle but sad smile he had on earlier.

"Thanks?" He said, as if it is a question.

"Your bride is pretty." Caspian butted in while stuffing his mouth with macaroons.

"Not as pretty as your sister." Zion replied making Emyr cough—a lot.

"Well of course! My sister is the prettiest of them all!" Caspian exclaimed, giving Zion a high-five.

"Watch your words. The only lady of Gleis should and would never be a consort." Emyr said, glaring at Zion who just smiled at him.

"Oh I don't plan on making Serena my consort. She'll be my—" Zion were interupted by a sudden guest.

"Your what, your majesty?" The Duke, Father asked as he stood behind Zion. All his confidence from before drained on an instant. He stood up and greeted father.

"Greetings Duke Gleis." He awkwardly greeted the Duke who just stared at him, emotionless.

"Emyr, Caspian, Serena. We'll be staying at the palace for awhile. Just follow Norman after the banquet." He said and a knight who's beside him all the time stepped forward and bowed to us.