XXXIX: A Little Sea-Sick

"This is the best thing I could do." Winston proudly showed the jewelries that he made. It is delicately wrapped around a silk white cloth. Maria, his wife carefully unwrapped it infront of us.

A beautiful set of jewelry stood proud and graceful infront. Three crimson-colored rose pins, a nice pair of rose earrings and a couple of rings, still rose inspired.

"When you have told me that you wanted to create rose pins, it made me remember how Clye's been the home of the most beautiful roses in the empire, now all we have is this roses as black as the night sky." Winston said as he looked gloomy all of the sudden, probably reminiscing the old era of Clye.

I gently got one of the rose pins and examined it. "As expected of you, Sir Winston. Thank you so much." I gave him a warm smile, which he gave back. "Do not call me sir, It will always my pleasure to help." He replied.

"Actually I have another favor to ask." I said, nervous that he might turn us down.

"What is it?"

"I want you to be the head of the people who will overlook the creation of these jewelries. Do not worry because you will get paid, I promise." I explained.

"I-I would love to." Winston replied, getting emotional. He hugged his wife as she sobbed against her chest.

"What's happening?" I whispered to Az who just started blankly to the couple. "They are just happy that they'll have a regular income to cater for their daily needs. Of course you wouldn't know." He explained sarcastically. I just rolled my eyes as a response.

Az's personality has been a huge puzzle for me. Some days he's like an angel sent from the heavens above, some days he just don't care at all but most of the days he's like this, a demon in disguise of an angelic face.

"Maurice will send you a letter with the details of what I have told you very soon, we need to get going now." We bid farewell to the old couple and made our way back to the manor, we need to make our way to Yeoris very soon. We just need to prepare a lot of things first before starting our journey to the foreign land.

"Maurice? We're home!" I shouted as we entered the now more lively Clye manor. It was once a dark, hollow place with all the furniture covered in white cloth but now it's becoming more warm, more home-like.

"Yes, I am here." Maurice replied. He was busy creating letters after letters for the chosen Clyian who will be part of the group who will be harvesting the tears of Cerce. Az and I sat on the empty seats infront of Maurice.

I peaked through the letters that Maurice had done but to my surprise, I cannot understand a thing. The letters are far different from what the Empire has.

"It's Clyian." Az responded, he might seen how confused I am looking at the letters. I might be here for almost a month now but the things I did not know about this place and the people is still a lot. Clye has a rich history and culture, I am sure that we can make this place as beautiful as it once were.

"So, are you ready to go?" Maurice asked as he put his quill down on the table.

"Yeah, just resting for bit and we're out." I replied. As I poured myself a cup of tea.

"What's those people doing?" Az asked Maurice about the men we have encountered earlier.

"We need a working area, people of Clye cannot enter the manor premises so it'll be better to construct something not too close for safety but not to far to supervise." Maurice explained, he made me remember how my editor speak to me when I was just Renee, the writer. It honestly gave shivers down my spine.