X: A Way with Words

I wasn't expecting but I am surprised by the prince's words. I am shocked that he talked to me but hearing the words from him about his siblings still hits different.

"Pardon?" I asked, pretending that I did not hear him the first time, hoping that he'll just drop the subject off. I just can't say that I am the reason why since I basically wrote and created them like that.

"Oh. Nothing. It's just nice to see that you all get a long." He said. He has this gentle eyes but the more I see it, the more I realize that it's sadness. He looked so down and upset as he just stared at the tea cup he was holding.

"You know what..." I sighed.

"Sometimes there's more to what you see." I said. He looked up and stared at me, puzzled.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You're sad because of your brother right?" He seemed surprised that I saw right through him.

"How did you know?" I'm so stupid. Yeah. How would Serena Gleis, whom he just met know his life problems?

"Uh... Emyr kind of told me how life is... there... in the palace?" I reasoned.

"Oh." He responded.

"I don't know what I did wrong. Every time I approach him, he just send me away." He finally opened up.

I remember this exact words from Caspian. I still have no idea why the Old Serena keeps pushing Caspian away but I know she had her reasons. No matter what is it, I just know deep in her heart that it's for Caspian's sake.

"As I have said, there's more to what you see. People have their reasons. I used to push my brothers away too. It's not that I hate them. It's just the right thing to do at the moment." I don't have any idea of what's the reason behind the first prince pushing them away but I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I am sure he had his reasons.

"I am sure he doesn't hate you. Just give him time and he'll open up to you if the time gets right." I tried comforting him. I just can't leave him alone, I can see the pain in his whole being.

Just like everyone, he's someone that wanted to be loved and cared for.

"I was compared to him eversince then. He's the perfect prince. Most of the people in the palace always tell me that I am nothing compared to him and I agree with them. I look up to him, I wanted to be like him someday but one day I heard people from his palace talking, they said how much my brother hated me as I am a threat to his position." I was taken a back by his sudden rants. He looks like he's about to cry. He is still a child after all.

"So I went to his place and I wanted to tell him that I don't want the throne but his people told me that my brother doesn't want to see me." He continued.

The amount of pressure on these kid's shoulder makes me sick. The adults around them makes me sicker. It's normal that they will be a competition between the heirs of the throne but this is wrong. Maybe this is the reason why Zion has no self-confidence and timid even if he is the second prince.

"Did you hear your brother say that?" I asked, I can feel my blood boiling.

"Say what?" He asked, teary-eyed.

"That he hates you?"

"No, I just heard it from the people of his palace." He replied.

"Do you trust those people more than your own brother?"

"N-no."

"Then ask your brother yourself. Don't believe that he hates you until he said it with his own mouth and if he did, come to me and I'll beat him up for you." I said as I offered him a soft smile.