XII: The Banquet, the Engagement and the First Prince

"Sure does." Emyr agreed. Normally he would glare at me for my thoughts and would accuse me of treason right away but I think we're on the same page tonight.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, he just shrugged and focused on the scene infront of us.

All of the members of the Imperial family is there, even Zion. They all look so bright as usual, with their obviously expensive clothes to their shining crowns and jewelries.  One person caught my eye, it's the Duchess of Draux. Duchess Esmeralda. Instead of a fancy dress, she wears an attire much like the Dukes. Her unique violet eyes reflected the lights of the chandelier above, her golden locks was tied neatly into a bun.  She, in my opinion is the epitome of feminism. On top of that, she looks beautiful for her age. You cannot even notice that she's on her fifties.

"I would like to share my gratitude for everyone here today." The Emperor started his speech, the crowd went instantly silent.

"Thank you for being here to witness a very important night for the entirity of the Empire...." He looked back and the first prince stood up.

"I am more than happy to tell all of you the engagement of my son, Prince Zion Dumeire to the only Princess of our neighboring empire, Princess Saoirse Wellington." As if on cue, the large door of the hall flew open, a gorgeous girl entered.

Her hair as black as the evening sky, her green eyes glistened as she walked through the aisle.
She looks like what I have imagined when I wrote the book. Saoirse Wellington, the second prince's fiance. This banquet is in my book, this is supposed to be Serena and Cynfael's first meeting. The night where Serena fell inlove with the boy who first showed and make her feel warm and cared of.

I already altered a lot of events from the original plot but it is surprising that the events from the book is still trying to fit its way through.

"That damn Zion. He has a fiance and still dared to ask you to be his partner." Emyr said through gritted teeth.

"You sure you aren't jealous? I mean, he has a fiance and you're still single." I teased, he just rolled his eyes on me.

"Zion's getting married?" Caspian asked innocently and I just nodded in response.

Everyone's attention is on her and she was welcomed by a round of applause. Zion went down from the second floor and escorted her just infront of the place where the people of important positions sat. They both bowed in unison.

"Rise." The Emperor commanded. The two of them moved from their position earlier and went up to the second floor. They are now seated together on the vacant seat just beside the Imperial family members. The crowd cheered their congratulations. Everyone seems happy for the two.

"Please enjoy the night." The Emperor said and the music as well as the chatters continued.

"I'm going to tear him apart." Emyr, still mad cursed behind his breath.

The children of the imperial family, as well as the newly engaged couple went down. Zion and Saoirse took their rights to be the first dance of this banquet. This banquet is for them after all. Soon after, other nobilities joined them.

"Cas." I called.

"Hmm?"

"Why won't you dance with the princess?" I asked, as I pointed the princess who's awkwardly standing in the side.

"Why me?" He complained.

"Why not?" I asked. He stood up and stomped his feet, all the way to the Princess. He politely asked if he could dance with her and I think she said yes as they started heading their way to the dancefloor and danced adorably.