079

NOAH'S POV

I helped mom decorate the Christmas tree and fix the place up for Christmas even though I was in no mood for any holiday festivities. I wanted to bury myself in my bed and disappear. But what to do? Couldn't stop it from being December. No matter how much I wanted it.

"Cheer up now, Noah. Christmas is tomorrow." Mom said and I sighed.

"I'm just tired." I said.

"Are they pushing you that hard at work? It's not healthy if you get exhausted for two months." She said.

"Can't a person just be tired for no reason?" I asked and she nodded.

"Of course, but you seem so low." She said and I sighed.

"Mom, can you just leave me alone for once!" I shouted and exited the living room, leaving her in total confusion. I slammed the door to my room and laid down on my bed. I pulled out my phone and went in on mine and B's text messages. I starting typing another message that I probably wouldn't get a response to.

Hi, B. It's me again, please call or text me so I know you are okay. I'm not mad at you, I just want to know that you are okay. I went by our house and the police said I couldn't see you, they probably have surveillance over your phone and reads all of my texts but please just give me a sign that you are okay. Just something so I can get a peace of mind. I love you and I always will. You are my forever B and I won't give up without a fight. I will fight for you. I love you. And merry Christmas

I threw my phone on my cover and groaned loudly into my palms. Why were this happening? And why am I acting like a teenage goddamn boy? It was like I was back in high school sulking over a girl who blew me off. But I couldn't help it. I needed to know B was okay. I heard a knock on my door and it creaked open and my mom peeked in.

"Hey." She said carefully and walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Hi." I said.

"I'm not gonna bug you anymore with questions about Bianca and work, something is obviously going on but I know you are an adult now and can deal with it on your own. But I'm always here, Noah. No matter what." She said and I smiled lightly.

"Thanks mom." I said.

"Anyways, Zack is going out with some friends and I think it would be a great opportunity for you to r her t out of the house and get your mind off whatever you are thinking of." She said and I let out a chuckle.

"Just go out, have a beer, play some pool or dart or something. Just have some fun." She said and I nodded.

"Okay, I will." I said and she smiled softly.

"Okay." She said and got up.

"Mom." I said

"Yes." She said and looked over at me.

"I love you." I said and she smiled softly at me.

"I love you too." She said and half and hour later we were out the door. One of Zack's friends drove us to a bar nearby and we walked inside, and I stopped as we closed the door behind us. Last time I was in a bar was at Bianchi, that night. I looked around and I instantly disliked this place. It was nothing compared to Bianchi. Nothing. We walked up to the bar and a female bartender approached us.