CH 27 | A SORRY!

With all your attention, you were reading the instructions on the Barley tea packet as you read them out to Yeji, "It says that we need 2 liters of water per tea bag

With all your attention, you were reading the instructions on the Barley tea packet as you read them out to Yeji, "It says that we need 2 liters of water per tea bag." Yeji heard you while pouring water in the pan as you glanced at her.

She smiled, glancing at you while your eyes met her as you pressed your parted lips, "Oh..." You let out a sigh before she giggled, "What happened, why did you stop?" She asked as you parted your lips with a nervous smile covering your lips.

"But you already know the recipe." You said as she nodded, "Yeah, I do. You can read the instructions, it will help you in the future." She twinkled as you smiled, "Sure." You declared before reading the instructions in your minimalist voice.

Looking up at her as you placed the box of Barley tea on the counter. You said, "I don't know any recipe except Ramen." Yeji smiled, which you reciprocated, "It's okay. I was the same when I was your age." Yeji giggled as you smiled.

"Oh! By the way, How is Mrs. Kim? I didn't have a talk with her for a while." You asked as Yeji pressed her lips together before halting her movements. You scrutinized her gesture as she looked at you while you looked at her in befuddlement.

You blinked as she said, "Actually, I don't-" Her sentence was interrupted in between as you both heard Aeri's voice, "Mumma! Kitty!" You both turned around in the direction to look at her as Aeri came trotting inside the kitchen before you smiled looking at her pretty and dainty smile.

Aeri scampered toward Yeji; she wrapped her weeny hands around her mother's thighs, embracing Yeji.

Yeji patted her head before Aeri looked up at Yeji and broke the hug she wiggled Taehyung's phone in her tiny hands while the phone looked sizable in her hands.

"Mumma see. I got Taetae's phone to play games." She giggled while Yeji combed Aeri's tresses with the tips of her fingers as you smiled looking at the mother-daughter duo, "Adorable!" You thought as Aeri turned to you, "I got Taetae's phone."

Aeri flapped the phone in her right hand as you giggled, "Good job. He is always on his phone." These words slipped out of your mouth as you blinked once while your heart skipped a beat, "Did I really say that? I don't care if he is on his phone or not." You licked your lower lip as you pressed your lips together.

Trying to distract yourself, you stretched your hand to lift Aeri in your arms.

Gliding your palm under his armpits you lifted her up before placing her on the kitchen island, "You can sit here and play. Let your father and Taetae uncle talk." Aeri nodded.

You turned around as Aeri wobbled her legs back and forth, sitting on the kitchen island while you watched Yeji as she turned the gas off the stove before you whispered to her, "I hope these two resolve their fight." Yeji furrowed her in befuddlement.