Chapter 9: Suspicious Behavior

Holden stared at the crime scene photos related to the serial killer known as O

Holden stared at the crime scene photos related to the serial killer known as O. He still couldn't make a connection between the victims.

His partner, Vicki, came up behind him. "Dr. Woods just gave us the toxicology report on the last victim, Lily Epstein."

"Any drugs in her system?" Holden asked.

"Nope, just a lot of alcohol."

"Alcohol?"

Vicki nodded. "Yeah, but what do you expect when she works at a gentleman's club?"

Holden scoffed. "You mean strip club."

Vicki shrugged. "Wasn't there alcohol in Deidra Hamilton's body too?"

"You mean the Jacuzzi victim?" Holden asked, pulling out her file.

"She has a name. You should learn it." Vicki plucked the file from Holden's hands and smiled. "I was right. She also had alcohol in her system. Do you think he drugs them?"

"It's possible. Now that I'm thinking about it, Jacuzzi girl was taking Antabuse."

"The liquor pill?" Vicki asked.

Holden shook his head. "It's not a liquor pill. It's used to help stop alcoholics from drinking."

"Do you think both of these women had drinking problems?"

"We don't have anything else to go on," Holden answered.

"I wonder if the other women had problems with drinking. Antabuse is a prescription medication, right?"

Holden nodded. "It is. So?"

"So, it means she definitely had a drinking problem. And where can you find people trying to recover from their addiction?" Vicki asked her partner.

"The bar?"

Vicki hit Holden over the head with her file. "No! You can find them at AA meetings. That's not even funny."

He raised his hands to ward of her file. "Alright, I'm sorry."

Vicki took a step back. "Come to think of it, I remember reading that one of the other victims attended those meetings here in town. Let me look through these files to double-check."

While she did that, Holden thought of another alcoholic he knew.

Lucy Hanson

She attended those meetings. She had to because of her DWI. He wondered if she had known Lily Epstein or Deidra Hamilton.

"Holden, are you listening to me?" Vicki's voice cut through Holden's thoughts.

"What?"

"I guess the answer is no," Vicki muttered. "Two of the other victims were attending the local meetings."