Daughter of?

My head was aching like hell. The whispers and murmuring were not helping with my headache, including the one that kept going through my mind.

They were the first, and they were last.

They were the dominant beasts that ruled with an iron fist!

They will rise once more.

But by the one born with the mark will rise a perfect wolf...

I groaned, stirring in my sleep, trying to find a comfortable spot. I took a long, deep breath, taking a wonderful scent of pinewood and ash. It was so calming and blissful. I never want to wake from this peaceful slumber. A smile creeps onto my lip, realizing this bed is soft and unique.

Wait what!?

I snapped my eyes wide and jerked myself up. My eyes glanced around, taking in my surroundings. The room was luxurious and class, with a balance of grey and white colour, from the furniture to the room's walls. Slipping out of bed, I realized I was wearing a man's shirt only in my undergarments. Confused and bothered about what was happening right now. I just woke up in a strange room, wearing something else, and I don't know who kidnapped me.

I noticed double doors across from me, hesitant as I walked toward it. They were locked or not. I'm kidnapped.

Right?

As I approached the doors, I heard muffled yelling from the other side. Quietly, I turned the doorknob. One tiny push and I could listen to a familiar angry voice. Alpha King Nathan. "ALPHA JAY, as your Alpha King, I order you to tell us why the Lycans want my mate?" Alpha King Nathan growled in a dangerously low tone. Was he always angry? Cause every time I was around him, he was screaming his top off in steam.

I heard a sigh, "My King, with all due respect, I had been given strict orders to only tell Laura. No one else but her. Not even her mate." Alpha Jay calmly said I could hear him lift his eyebrow from here.

Quietly, I walked out of the room, following their voices. "If we cannot talk about why Lycans are after her, then... Let's discuss why she did she run away?" I heard Mother's voice.

Oh, Mom, please don't do this now, I groaned. This was embarrassing.

'I told you not to run away. Now our mate is being blamed for your insecurity!' Sandy's voice suddenly screamed in my head.

Look who's talking. I rolled my eyes. Yesterday, after running away, she said nothing to me. I tried talking to her, but all I got from that good-for-nothing wolf was silence.

'Oh please, I just wanted to teach you a lesson.'

And what lesson was that you were trying to teach me? She kept quiet, grumbling under her breath before disappearing. That's what I thought.

"I never thought about rejecting my mate. The moon goddess has me a mate, and that is Laura." I snapped out of my thoughts, hearing Nathan's serious tone. "I will do anything for her. Even if it means giving my life for her."

"Alpha King, you must concern yourself about the safety of your wolves," Elder Smallwood said. "The Lycan Brothers will stop at nothing to destroy the werewolf nation for their betrayal."

There was a moment of silence. I knew they were all thinking why the Lycan Brothers wanted. So do I! This was just a crazy, eventful time for me to process. "I want to know," I said, revealing my presence. Mother, father, Alpha Jay, Elder Smallwood, and my mate, Alpha King Nathan, glanced my way. "What is it I must know that no one should?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.