Coming Back Home

Laura's POV

I felt kisses on my bare shoulder, down my spine. I bite my lower lip and squeeze my pillow tightly. Then I felt passionate breath caress my ear. "I know you're awake," Nate whispered into my ear, and then he kissed then started nibbling my earlobe. "I can do this all day," he growled near my ear.

I moaned softly, slowly flickered my eyes open, and grinned devilishly. Before he could do anything, I used my Lycan speed and a bit of strength to push Nate on his back and straddle on his waist. I tilted my head and grinned ear to ear. "How about now?" I asked.

"I can think of something," he said seductively. His hands slowly slid up my thighs.

"Oh?" I whispered, leaning forward. He nodded his head, pushing himself forward. "I'd like to see that," I pushed him down, jumped off him and bed, then ran straight into the bathroom. I locked the door and leaned my back against it. I heard heavy footsteps running towards the door, and the handle started juggling, then banging.

I giggled, "Dear, I think this door locked itself. Can you help me enter?" He joked.

I couldn't hold my laughter, so I laughed my lungs out, "It's not the door that locked you out but your mate!" I laughed.

He growled, "Oh, you're playing with fire..." His voice deepened as he warned me.

"Who said I wasn't?" I asked, running straight into the shower.

A few minutes later, in the shower, I felt arms wrapping around my waist from behind. His warm breath brushed my ear. "I'm the King of this palace..." He turned me, "I have all the keys to every door, even this bathroom." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him close, "now I want to claim my prize." I giggled as we leaned forward.

*~*~*

Nate and I had our last quick make-out before we went our separate ways. Nate went with Sean to his office, and I went with Reef and Reed to the kitchen. "So what's on the agenda?" Reef asked as he opened the door to me.

I shrugged, "maybe I'll be getting bruises today." I said, giving them a childish pout.

"Oh, poor you," Reed said, mocking my pout. "We're glad it isn't us," he glanced over to his brother. They laughed, and I stomped my feet like a child. Ever since I've been training with John, I would get bruises and aches. This hurt my body.

"What's going on?" I heard Kelly's voice over those laughing hyaenas.

"Those things are making fun of me!" I growled loudly, stomping towards a stool, and dropped myself on it.

"Whoa, why are you getting grumpy?" Reef asked, sliding towards my side. "We're joking." He placed his hands on my shoulders.

I shrugged his hands off me, "Leave me alone!" I growled.

"Laura, are you okay?" Kelly asked, walking towards my side. I threw a blueberry into my mouth while glaring at her. "Did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"Is it wrong for me to want to eat breakfast quietly," I snapped.

"You were just chirpy minutes ago?" I heard Reed say behind Kelly.

I snapped a growl at them. "Okay... Let's have breakfast," Kelly said awkwardly. There was silence, "Noah is here to help you with your abilities. So after breakfast, Reef and Reed will take you for training."

I grumbled, stuffing my face with berries and yoghurt. Before I knew it, I was attacking a tower of pancakes and whipped cream. I'm more hungry today than ever. After having breakfast and my mind in peace, I jumped off my stool. Slowly, I turned towards the trio cowering from me.

I bite my lip nervously, "sorry about that outbreak. I don't know what just happened." I apologised.

"Maybe Alpha Nathan should give you some... More," Reef joked, and everyone laughed as I turned my head away, covering my blush.

Suddenly, a maid entered the kitchen, bowing her head in respect. Walking towards me, "Luna Queen, you got an emergency call." She whispered, handing a phone to me.

I took it and nodded my head 'thank you', "hello?" I answered.

"Laura!" I heard Mom's voice crying out.

"Mom? What's wrong!?" I asked in confusion and fear. "What happened?"

"It's Pete!?" She cried.

"What happened?"

She sobbed, "H-h-he challenged Alpha Daniel!"

I gasped.

Alpha Daniel was Jay's son and my bully for as long as I could remember. Pete never liked him because of his cruel nature towards me. Now, he challenged him.

"What type of challenge?" I asked softly.

"A fight to the death..." I hung up.

Daniel would kill Pete. He's an Alpha, and Pete's a Beta. "Get me a driver and car ready for me now," I told the maid as I returned the phone. "I have to go back home," I glanced at them.

"What do you mean?" Kelly asked, coming close. "You can't leave!"

"My brother's life is on the line. I have to stop him." I mumbled as I pushed my way towards the door.

"It's not safe!" Reed argued, placing a hand on the door, preventing me from exiting.

I growled, "If you don't move, I'll snap your fingers."

"Laura... You can't go out there while we don't know where the Lycan brothers will pop out!" He lifted a brow.

I sighed.

His right. I don't know where the Lycan brothers are, and Nate will have the car turned around when he hears I'm out.

I nodded, "you can come." I glanced over my shoulder to Reef, "Both of you. Now let's go!" Reed opened the door, and I rushed out, followed by Reed and Reef. I need to get home before it's too late.

Nathan's POV

"Have all invitations to all the Alphas for the meeting and call my PA to prepare a business video chat with businessman Mr Chang," I said as I pushed the file away. "If need be, I'll fly over to New York." Being an Alpha King and CEO of a multi-million company is challenging. It's just stressful enough that I have to worry about the safety of people's lives—especially my beloved mate.

Suddenly, the doors burst open, and Kelly stepped in, panting heavily. I growled, "Knock next time!" I yelled as she glared at me while trying to catch her breath.

"It's Laura!" She yelled, and I stopped being angry and went straight to worried.

I jumped out of my seat, "what happened? What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's an emergency at her home, so she went off. Reef and Reed went with her. I think you have to go, too."

As I opened the door, I glanced over to her. "Are you coming?" I asked.

"I have some reading to do, but Go!" She ordered, and I nodded before running off.