Witches

I don't know how long I was up last night, but I somehow fell asleep. I woke up only to find myself alone in the room until I noticed a note on the bedstand.

Dear beautiful Mate

I have to attend a meeting, but I notified one of my best warriors to monitor you.

Also, I had someone to get you an outfit for today. It is in the duffle bag.

Love Nate...

I didn't think I'd felt this weird just from reading a note. Right now, I was a mess with my cheeks burning up. Why was I acting this way?

'Maybe you give in to the mate pull,' Sandy said in my mind.

I thought you gave me the silent treatment. I asked, rolling my eyes as I dragged the bedcovers off. I slipped out of bed, looking around.

'Shut up, Laura...'

I saw the duffle bag near a door. As I bent down to pick it up, the door opened from a light breeze; it was the bathroom, and it was huge and pure white. I walked in, closed the door behind me, and opened the shower. As it warmed up, I opened the duffle bag to pull out the clothing. There was a white tank top, jeans, flats and undergarments.

Once, I laid them on the sink, then showered and dressed up. While I tied my hair into a ponytail, I walked out of the room into the living room.

I saw a guy standing there; he was big with a broad shoulder, a tattoo on his neck crook, dark hair and brown eyes. He dressed in all black, a leather jacket, jeans, a v-neck top and combat boots. "Hey, you must be the new Luna Queen...Laura," he said, stretching out his large hand, and I shook his hand. "I'm Sean, Nate's best friend and best warrior."

I laughed, "Nice to meet you. Sorry that you stuck with me," I said.

"Nah, it's okay. Anyway, let's have breakfast." He clapped his hands, then led the way, and I followed.

"So, how long have you been friends with Nathan?" I asked. I wanted to know more about my mate and see how this guy was friends with angry Alpha.

He chuckled, "Just call him Nate... I met him when we were just kids." We entered a room; it was a gigantic kitchen. I sat on one stool from the island counter. Suddenly, a plate of food appeared in front of me. "Eat up," Sean ordered.

"So what is Nate doing right now?" I asked.

"Well... he's in a meeting with some people."

"Oh, look, it's the ugly duckling," the blonde from yesterday or the day before, Tracy said as she entered the kitchen.

"Shut up, Tracy, you are talking to your future Luna Queen," Sean growled.

She chuckled, "Please, she's just weak!"

"Tracy!" A girl shouted in shock. She looked like she was just my age; her eyes were like Nate's, and her hair was a mixture of dark and light brown. "That's being rude!" She said.

"I wasn't rude; I was giving her advice," Tracy lied, pouting like a six-year-old.

Sean chuckled, "Yeah, right." He muttered loud enough for everyone to hear, leaning back on the counter.

"Hey, I'm Kelly, Nate's little sister." She stretched her hand, and I took it, then shook it.

"Laura."

"Oh, my goddess, you are Nate's mate," she squealed and sat beside me. "You pretty, you know?"

"Huh, thanks," I nervously said with a light shade flashing on my cheeks.

"Kelly, don't scare Laura," Sean said, but all he got was the finger from her. "Okay..." He raised his hands and looked away.

"So... how is your stay here so far?" Kelly asked, tilting her head to the side.

"It's okay, I guess if you count the times I've been sleeping or passing out." I shrugged.

"Sorry to break in-law's conversation, but Nate needs to see Laura in his study," Sean said.

Kelly groaned in annoyance and stood up with me, "Okay, see you later, Laura...Tracy, ready to get picking?"

"Sure!" Tracy glared at me like I murdered her cat before walking out with Kelly trailing behind her.

"She hates me," I whined, following Sean to the hallway.

"What do you mean? Kelly loves you."

"No, I mean Tracy... I don't know what I've done to her, but every time we meet, she's more mean."

"Well, maybe it's because she has had a thing for Nate since Kelly and she became friends." He chuckled, "It was weird when she first laid eyes on him... she would watch Nate and I trained, even made sure Nate spots her."

"But the Luna Queen likes her?" I remembered the conversation the Luna Queen had with Tracy near my room before I tried running away.

Sean halted in front of me and sighed while glancing around the hallway. "Ever since the King died, she went kinda crazy. After that week, everyone could see her power hungry." He said in a low tone.

"She wants Tracy because her father is one of the strongest Alpha."

"Yeah," he opened the door for me.

I saw Nate sitting behind a desk with two young-looking people in front of him. They turned their gaze over to me. Both of them had silver eyes; the man had strawberry blonde hair, and the woman had long golden blonde hair; she looked familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint it.

"Ivy, Noah, this is Laura, my mate," Nate said with a charming grin that made me blush wildly.

Ivy stood up and walked towards me, "It's a pleasure to meet you." She said, pulling me into a hug.

"You look familiar," I blurted, tilting my head aside.

"To stop existing," a woman walked in with an evil grin. "Your bloody kind is nothing now, and you all have to go!" The dream flashed in my mind.

I gasped, "You were there."

"Yes, I was... one thousand and five hundred and five years old," my eyes widen. "Little girl, I can read your thoughts."

"How can you read my thoughts?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, it sounds weird, but it works for me."

I glanced over at Noah, then Nate. "You may have a seat," Nate said as Ivy sat back. Sean pulled out a chair for me. I thank him under my breath also with a warm smile.

"The prophecy, they were the first, and they were last.

They were the dominant beasts that ruled with an iron fist!

They will rise once more.

But by the one born with the mark will rise a perfect wolf... Is it true," Noah said, leaning back in his seat.

"What does it mean?" Nate asked.

Ivy and Noah chuckled, "Laura is the mark one, and she has a power of her own." Noah said.

"Since it's the Lycan Brothers, Oberon can compel you to use your powers against us," Ivy said. "Also, whoever mates with you, you'll carry a powerful pup... a new lycan kind!"