Surprise

After what seemed to be a long, awkward dinner for everyone, lucky Mrs Rose didn't glance over to my mate or speak a word. She just quietly ate her dinner as the men talked about business. Nate and I spent time in our hotel room until morning, and we went back home. Our ride back was a kind of business rather than pleasure, but it was fun having to see how Nate concerned and caring he was for his people. Or should I say our people?

As Luna, I was responsible for recalculating the money for the damages and other needs. Especially medical needs. It was a good thing in maths. "I'm still asking, what did you do to her?" Nate asked as we walked into the palace.

I shrugged, smiling, "That's for me to know and for you to find out." I said.

"Welcome back, lovebirds," Sean said, coming out.

"Sean!" I exclaimed in joy.

"Hello Laura," he grinned as he walked towards us. "Long time no see."

Since Sean is now Beta, I don't get to see him that much. Well... Never seen him ever since. I missed my friend. "Where have you been?" I asked, giving him a quick hug from the side.

However, I earned a possessive growl from Nate, even though it was a quick hug. Sean and I laughed as Nate possessively pulled me to his side. "Sean," he said calmly.

"Oh, don't get pissed, Nate. Ain't you glad to see me after a long time," Sean pouted.

I chuckled softly, "Yeah, Nate, ain't you glad?" I asked, tilting my head to get a good look at him.

He huffed, "whatever." He mumbled, "So, how was your trip?" He asked.

Sean shrugged, "It's okay, but if I may..." He turned to me. "Kelly told me to remain with you to see her."

"For what?" I asked. He mumbled 'I don't know', "Let me go see her then. Bye," I pecked Nate's cheek and waved goodbye to Sean before running to Kelly's room.

Once I reached Kelly's bedroom door. The door suddenly opened before I could knock, "Laura, you're finally back!" Kelly exclaimed before pulling me into her room and slammed the door shut.

This was my first time being in her room. I knew her room was here. I didn't have the reason and time to visit. "And hello to you, too," I said with a smile.

She let go of my arm and grabbed a book on her bed. "Read this," she said, pointing to a page.

I looked down at the page, "Mood sways change, especially when she-wolf is away from mate. Sometimes, new abilities appear. However, those abilities will go after six months?" I read out loud in confusion, slowly looking up at her through my lashes.

She smiled and wiggled her brows, "so what does it have to do with me?" I asked.

She groaned, "You're moody these days. So when I read about this, I thought of you and your sudden mood sways."

I furrowed my brows, "I don't understand?"

She sighed, took the book, grabbed a brown paper bag, and handed it to me. "I'm just trying my theory," she whispered.

I slowly opened the bag, and my eyes widened and gasped in shock. I glanced up at Kelly, who smiled sheepishly. "I'm not pregnant," I said calmly.

"How would you know without checking!"

"I'm not pregnant," I repeated.

"Okay, if you say so. But take the test, and if it comes negative... I'll get you tons of ice cream."

I crossed my arms, "what if it comes positive?"

There was silence, "we still get tons of ice cream." We laughed, "Now go before I force you into the bathroom and lock you."

I sighed, "It will come out negative."

*~*~*

Kelly's phone rang, and signal time was up. There's a knock as we are about to check the pregnancy test. We glanced at each other, then at the door. "Who is it!?" Kelly yelled out.

"It's me... Tracy," I let out a low growl before Kelly invited her in. "Hey, K," she greeted Kelly before bowing her head at my way. "Luna."

I gaped and glanced at Kelly, who was as shocked as I was. Did Tracy respect me, or were my ears playing tricks with me? "Luna Laura, I would like to say sorry," she said with guilt written all over her. "I was rude to you and..." She sighed, "I know you are Alpha Nathan's true mate, and you're our Luna Queen."

My mouth dropped. Did she apologise? And has she said it with respect? My mind was in shock at what I had to witness, and my body froze.

"Luna... What I'm trying to ask is your forgiveness... And maybe even friendship," she softly said, her eyes watering.

I cleared my throat, "huh... I, huh... I forgive you?" It sounded more like a question than an answer, so I gave her a warm smile and stood, opening my arms wide. "We can start over as friends."

She smiled, "Thank you." Then we hugged for a while. We pulled, and her smile widened, "I'm thrilled we can be friends. I have to go, but we should chill together. Bye!" She hugged me again but quickly and walked out.

Once she left, Kelly and I slowly turned our gaze to each other. And we're shocked. "Did she just apologise?" Kelly asked. I nod my head, "So you are friends with her?" She asked again, and I shook my head again.

"Friends with whom?" We snapped at Nate, who just walked in with Sean behind him.

"Tracy," I answered, and Nate and Sean furrowed their brows in confusion.

"She apologised," Kelly answered. Their question was in their mind.

Just like that, they had the same shock expression we had minutes ago. But they snapped out of it much quicker than us. "Why don't we get ice cream... A recent discovery that Tracy can apologise." Sean joked as he walked past Nate, heading towards Kelly's bathroom. "I hope you don't mind me using your toilet."

Once he was at the bathroom doorway, we remembered the pregnancy tests. "NO!" Both Kelly and I yelled, but it was too late. Sean was in.

"Kelly... Why do you have pregnancy tests with the plus sign on them?"

Oh, goddess!

*~*~*

"You were right," Tracy said calmly, leaning back on her seat with a glass of wine. "She fell for my act, and now we are friends." She grinned evilly.

"Good," Elsa said, grinning and gazing over to Oberon. "Now we have eyes and ears in the palace."

"Keep up with the act, Tracy and you'll get what you want," Oberon said, leaning back in his seat and narrowing his gaze at Tracy. "We are one step ahead."

Author's Notes:

Why am I not surprised!? hehe

2016 was an exciting time...