Who's the Master Mind?

"How can this happen?" Ivy said, pacing back and forth in front of us. We sat in silence, waiting for some updates on John. But I'm more concerned about Naomi and her baby. I hope both of them are okay.

"I don't know," Noah grumbled, leaning back in his seat. "Vampires are known creatures never to be harmed from taking in foods." He said emotionless.

"Unless it is witchcraft," a rough, husky voice beamed through the hallway. We snapped our heads to this cold stone man, who walked towards us. He wore a sharp black suit and a few buttons down from his white shirt.

"Maxim," Ivy said with venom towards this scary man. "What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms on her chest.

He snickered, "My king and highly respected members of vampires were poisoned." He said in his rough Russian accent. "I believe it's you, witch."

"Maxim, this could be the works of the Lycan Brothers," Nate intervened, standing up with Noah.

Maxim hissed, "Shut up, dog!"

Nate growled and was ready to attack, but Noah held him down by his arm. "Maxim, haven't you forgotten we have a peace treaty with each other," Noah said, glaring at Maxim.

"That peace treaty is nothing today because we had one common enemy those days," he argued.

"And we have one common enemy now!" Ivy groaned in an annoying tone. "That is the Lycan Brothers, and this was their act."

Maxim bowed and laughed darkly, "That's funny, poison, Ivy... We are investigating, and we have clues that witches caused this."

"What clues!?" I asked, slowly standing up, trying not to let my anger out. This man just walked in here and started being mean to all of us. He reminds me more of Dan, a big bully, but as a vampire.

"And who are you?" Maxim asked, lifting a brow.

"I'm Laura Luna Queen," I said emotionlessly and narrowed my eyes at me. "And who are you?"

"I'm Maxim Petrov, head of royal arms and security." He said with pride. "Also, King Theophilus has trusted men since he became King."

"Will that doesn't give a right to disrespect us because we are royals too!" I growled, "This could be the work of the Lycan Brothers trying to separate us and also attacking us from the inside." I felt a strong arm wrapping around my waist; I glanced up to see Nate. He looked at me with worry and encouragement. That's when I remembered I was pregnant.

"I don't have time for this," Maxim grumbled. "I will wait to hunt witches and enjoy a forgotten fight with a lycan." He stared at me, which sparked a low, threatening growl from me, but mainly from Nate.

"Threaten, my mate, I'll rip you apart!" Nate growled.

Maxim chuckled, slowly turning on his heels. "See you later, elders... Alpha... And most of all..." He looked over his shoulder, "Luna."

Once he left, our tension eased out a bit. "I feel this wasn't the Lycan Brothers," Noah said in concern, glancing around us.

"Who else do you want this?" Ivy questioned, "Cause witches would need a lot of power to poison vampires."

"How much power?" I asked.

"Close to having five elders combining power," Noah mumbled, staring down at his fingers and thought he was counting them. "Almost like... Hundred werewolves... Even Twenty lycans."

"I have a feeling Noah is right," I said. "Someone else might have been this cause Elsa won't be able to get that many werewolves to gain power."

"How about rogues?" Nate asked, "We have noticed several rogues heading to where the Lycan Brothers were last seen."

"Then the bodies?" Noah asked.

"When a witch takes the power of a supernatural, that being dies," Ivy explained. "All we have to do is find the bodies so we may find them."

Why would a person be that cruel to kill a hundred werewolves just to poison vampires? But what has that poison done to them?

We heard someone clear their throat, and we snapped our gaze to the doctor. She bowed her head, "Forgive me." She mumbled, "I have news about the King. He poisoned like the rest found in the blood."

"How is King Theophilus?" Ivy asked.

The doctor sighed, "The good news is that the venom did not harm him or anyone else..."

"Bad news?" Noah asked.

"There's a possibility that he and the rest have lost their vampire venom. Someone cleverly made this." Vampire venom. I've only heard that some vampires have vampire venom that can turn humans into a vampire, just with a bite. Most vampires these days use their blood and kill the human to turn into a vampire.

"When do you think they'll wake up?" Nate asked.

She shrugged, "It is a matter of time... Do you have any more questions?"

"Naomi's baby!?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, we were lucky even to save the baby girl, and right now, we just monitoring her health and running some tests." I let out my breath that I realised I was holding. Was this how a mother feels when she worries about her baby?

*~*~*

Isaac walked into the lounge where Jay, Eleanor and Jasmine were seated with drinks in hand. "It has been done," he said, grinning evilly, slipping his hand into the back pocket of his jeans. "All high society vampires are poisoned; by the next few weeks, they will wake up without vampire venom."

"That's your plan!?" Jay asked loudly. "You remember that they can use their blood?"

Jasmine giggled as she jumped to her feet, "we know," she said, rolling her eyes. She skipped her towards Isaac then, jumping into an embrace. Jay furrowed his brows and was confused about their plan. It was brilliant for them to poison the vampires so they could stop their venom...

"We poisoned twenty pure-born vampires. Heads of vampires, councils and royals that need not use blood to turn humans into vampires. Meaning one less problem to worry about," Eleanor said, smirking. "Now, all we must do is wait for war between witches and vampires."

"Witches and vampires?"

"Yes!" Jasmine said, hugging Isaac's arm. "The vampires will blame the witches, and the witches will blame the Lycan Brothers. That will spark a war between the two."

"Before that breaks out, witches perform a powerful spell to weaken the vampires. I'll show some signs of weakness to show that the spell works." Isaac said.

It shocked Jay. They planned a perfect attack against the vampires. He was both proud and scared of what they did. He knew the sea witches were powerful but didn't expect them to be this powerful.

"Isaac and I are heading to bed," Jasmine said as she took his hand. "Good night," she waved her hand as she dragged Isaac, who was muttering a 'good night'.

Once they left, Eleanor turned her head to Jay. "I did what you asked," she said, pulling out a folder. "It wasn't easy, but I did it," she handed him the folder.

He took it, "so you found her?" He flipped it open and then looked into it.

She nodded, "She is in Italy and knows you're looking for her..."