Sandy

For the entire night, I stared up at the ceiling. I keep thinking about Nate and the ceremony. What made things much worse was that Tracy was around. I needed to talk to someone, and then I realised something. Sandy was strangely quiet for a long, long time.

Should I worry?

Sandy? Sandy, are you there? I softly called out in my mind, but there was nothing. Only silence. Are you okay, Sandy?

"Sandy, please answer me..." I softly muttered, tightly closing my eyes as though I was making a dying wish.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

I jerked myself up, snapping my gaze to the door. The door slowly cracked open, and I wondered if it was Nate. What if he wants us to talk?

My smile quickly turned into a frown when I realised it was not him as one servant walked in. She bowed, "Your highest, King Nathan, request your presence at the training field after breakfast." She said, "I've settled breakfast for you." She walked out.

I dropped back onto my back, letting out a groan in frustration. I dragged myself out of bed, headed straight into the bathroom, and did my business. After I wore a beautiful maxi dress and brown sandals, I had breakfast, but I kept thinking about Nate.

Why does he want me to be in the training field?

What would happen?

When can we sit down and talk about what happened?

"Laura, are you there!?" I snapped out of my train of thought. My eyes landed on Sean, "are you ready to go to the training field?" He asked. I just sighed and nodded my head. Sean grabbed my arm as I stood up, "Are you okay?" He asked in a concerned tone, and he was worried from the look in his eyes.

"I don't know..." I murmured, pulling my arm away from his grip and walked ahead.

I heard his heavy footsteps behind me, "is this about Nate!?" I nodded a 'yes', afraid to use my voice. I didn't want to break down in tears because of Nate. "You excepted him to come?" I nodded again.

I heard him sigh, and he grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him. "Laura, he didn't come because he was afraid of harming you again."

"What makes you say that?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"I'm just saying that he stressed about everything, the Lycan brothers, hurting you and also dealing with the elders. Why do you think he wants you in the training field? He wants to see you safe?"

I closed my eyes. Oh, Sandy, if only you can hear me right now. I'm weak... If I could shift, maybe I wouldn't be in this situation. I wouldn't get kidnapped, and Nate and I would have had a better time marking each other.

I would have been ready to become Luna Queen.

"Let's get going," I whispered, turning back at him.

Sean and I walked in silence until we reached the training field. Sean went into the field to where Nate was as I stood there, staring at his rock-hard abs, realising he was wearing shorts. "Laura!" I snapped out of my train of thought, and I turned, coming face to face with Luna Queen.

I blushed uncontrollably, wondering if she was watching me checking her son out. How embarrassing...

I bowed slightly, "your grace." I muttered with a forceful smile.

"Laura, you look sleepy. It would help if you had some sleep," she said, narrowing her eyes at me and faking her smile.

She looked at the field and sighed softly, "They would have made a cute couple if they were true mates." She muttered. I followed her gaze. My eyes widen, seeing Tracy hugging one of Nate's muscular arms. "But the moon goddess had to mate my son with a weakling."

I watched as Tracy caressed his forearm and giggled, which was annoying. My vision turned red in pure rage. I wanted to rip her arms off my mate. A growl suddenly rambled in my chest. My eyes set on Tracy as she got closer and closer, or should I say, I was storming towards her. "Keep your filthy hands off, my mate!" I roared, grabbing her wrist.

She gasped, gapping like a fish. I just glared daggers into her stares, tightening my grip. She has eased her grip on my mate but has to deal with me. "Let me go!" She screamed.

'You go, Laura! You're doing a superb job!' Sandy's voice beamed in my head.

No time to talk to Sandy. I want to kill this—

I froze suddenly as pain spread within my bones. I lost grip on Tracy, dropping onto my knees, and I screamed out in pain. "LAURA!" I heard someone call out, feeling sparks beside me.

Nate...

"Make it stop," I whimpered in pain, feeling my bones break within as my skin burnt.

"It's okay, love. Just let flow," Nate whispered into my ear, kissing my temple, and then he vanished.

No!

Why was he leaving me like this!?

I screamed out a feral roar, slamming my fist on the ground as the pain grew more assertive. I gasped for air and looked up at Nate. I sobbed, begging him to help me, and the pain grew too much to handle. "Help me... Please!!!" I cried out as my dress tore apart. I screamed once again, feeling the bones within me shift in my body.

I wanted it to stop!

Suddenly, the pain and heat slowly faded. I heard gasps surrounding me over my loud pants. I groaned, feeling my body was aching. I opened my eyes, staring straight at Nate, who looked shocked until a smile graced his lips.

Confused. Why didn't anyone help me? I stared down at myself, and I saw pure white paws! I gasped and jerked up... On all fours!!! I kept my gaze on my feet until I heard more gasps. I looked up, and to my surprise, I was almost as tall as Nate. On a werewolf-size scale, I was taller than the Alpha king himself.

I finally SHIFTED!

"Laura," I snapped towards Nate, who held a blanket. "It's okay..." He muttered, throwing the blanket on top of me. I stared into his warm eyes, "just relax and think about your human body."

I nodded and closed my eyes, clearing my mind and thinking about my human body. I felt myself shrinking. I flinched once I felt muscular arms wrapped around me. I opened my eyes to meet forest green eyes, "are you okay?" My mouth was out of words, so I nodded my head. "Let's get you inside, love."

I squealed as he carried me in bridal style. My arms automatically wrapped themselves around his neck. We walked in silence into the palace. Nate's eyes focused on the hallways whilst mine were on his powerful jaw. The heat started inside me, followed by butterflies, as my imagination went wild. I wondered how I would mark him because he felt like a stone.

I snapped out of my imagination once I heard Nate clearing his throat. I glanced at him in awe, "I think you should let go..." He said in a husky, sexy voice.

"What..." I murmured, continuing to stare into his eyes.

"We're in our room," I glanced around, realising we made it to our room. Slowly, he placed me on the bed, releasing his hold around my legs. He was about to let go of it, but I tightened my grip around his neck. He glanced down at me without thinking. I slammed my lips onto his. We locked into this hot make-out like our lives depended on our lips.

I broke away and placed my forehead on his, "Please... Stay..." I said as we took in air.

He shook his head 'no', "I can't..."

I opened my eyes, "I forgive you..." I whispered.

"I know," He kissed my lips, then pulled away, leaving me gaping. "I don't want to hurt you again." He turned on his heels and walked out.

I jumped onto my feet, "But I want you, Nate! I need you..." Those words slipped as I dropped my blanket.

Thump!

And he froze.

"I love you, Nathan..."