Drunk Alpha King

"Sean!" I called out to him as I ran with my arms wide open.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alive, I'm alive," he said, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me tightly.

I laughed, pulling away, "still the same, I see." I chuckled, slightly shaking my head as we walked into Nate's, or should I say 'our' room.

"I'll never change," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "Now, young lady, off to bed," he said in a deep, dad-like tone, pointing at the bedroom door.

I laughed while rolling my eyes, "whatever, Dad!" I walked towards the door. Before I opened it, I turned to Sean, "Sean!" I called. He turned and smiled, "You are the greatest friend I could ever have."

"Thanks, and you too," he slightly nodded before walking away. Once he was far off, I entered the room, taking a deep breath of a familiar smell—my mate's.

I took a long hot shower, trying to escape the night's adventure before heading to bed that held pinewood and ash... Even though I can smell his addictive scent, I still want his warm body against mine. Just that thought of him made me red as a tomato.

'Don't worry, our mate promised to come back to us. We have to wait for him, 'Sandy said, feeling a wolf's grin on her while my eyelids became heavy. I giggled softly as my eyes closed, putting me in darkness.

Bang!

I jerked awake, and my eyes snapped open, hearing muffling and hushing from the other side of the door.

It must be Nate.

I jumped out of bed slowly, walking towards the door and placing my ear on it, trying to listen through it.

"Nate, you drunk as hell. You can't let Laura see you like this, "I heard Sean's voice in hushed tones.

"No... No... I am... Not... Drunk... I am... Perfect-ly... fine," I heard Nate's slurred speech. It sounded like he was about to laugh.

"Nate—"

"I'm good!" He yelled in his alpha voice, "Now go!" He ordered.

There was a period of silence before I heard the door click open and then close. Again, there was silence before I heard a deep sigh then footsteps stumbling closer. I took a few steps back when suddenly the doors busted open, revealing Nate, who looked messed up and confused. His dress shirt was untucked, sleeves rolled up to his elbow, and his dark hair was messy like he had just woken up from bed.

"Baby, you awake!" He stumbles towards me, wrapping his arms around my waist and planting wet kisses on my neck. "You so beautiful, you know that?" He grinned as he leaned back.

"Nate, you drunk!" I said, trying to pry myself out of his grasp. I've never been drunk or dealt with an intoxicated person. But I know I'm not too fond of this side of Nate.

"No, no, no, I'm not drunk... My mind is just clear and open," he mumbled, tightening his grip around me and pulling me closer to him.

"Let go of me," I said, feeling the air squeezed out of my lungs.

"No! I don't want to lose you... You are my everything, and I love you..." I gasped in shock, lifting my gaze at him.

Even though he was drunk, I was both surprised and happy to hear that he loved me. Though we just met not so long ago.

I heard a deep growl from his throat, "And I'm not willing to let you go." He leaned forward again, kissing my neck. Before I could figure out what he meant, I felt a sharp pain on the crook of my neck.

At first, I grasped silently and grabbed his shoulders. Suddenly, his bite hurt more, causing me to scream out loud. I tried pushing him off me, tried to pry myself free, but I couldn't... I was growing weak, and he ignored my pleas.

"Please... Stop..." I whimpered as my grip on his shoulders loosened, and my legs gave out, but Nate held me tight. "Nathan..." I gasped for air before everything went dark.

*~*~*

My entire body was in pain, and I felt so numb. I cracked my eyes open, but the sunlight blinded me; I rolled to my side, trying to avoid it, but more pain travelled through my entire body. I groaned, trying to push the covers off me, but pulled back to bed. That's when I noticed Nate's firm arm around me. A warning growl released from the back of his throat, and flashes of last night flashed through my mind.

He marked me!

He marked me without my permission!

I whimpered quietly, feeling tears streaming down my face. I was afraid of him. I gently grabbed my pillow and pried myself out of his grasp while I slid my pillow into his grip. Slow and steady, I walked into the bathroom, holding my neck. I stumbled in front of the mirror, and a quiet gasp escaped. There was an angry bite mark covered in dry blood. I can't believe he did this to me. My breathing quickened when suddenly everything went dark...

*~*~*

Nathan groaned in pain and annoyance from his hangover, but it slowly calmed down every time he inhaled his sweet mate's scent. As he pulled her body towards his, he realized he couldn't feel her warm body or sparks. He snapped his eyes open to find that Laura's side was empty. He turned, seeing only an empty room until his eyes landed on the bathroom doorway. His heart stopped when he saw pale-skinned feet lying on the floor.

"LAURA!" He called, running out of bed to the bathroom, seeing his mate looking ghostly pale, lying on the floor.

He hesitantly kneeled down and gently pulled her unconscious body onto his warm body, gently shaking, "Laura, love, please wake up." He said, pushing her greyish hair, revealing her bloody neck. "Shit," he murmured, wrapping his arms under her legs and waist, carrying her down to the Royal Infirmary.

'DR KAREN! READY A ROOM!' Nathan mind-linked the royal pack doctor as he rushed to the infirmary.

"I'm sorry, Laura..." He whispered, glancing down at her pale face as flashes of last night played. "Sorry, please be okay... Sorry..."

He busted through the doors of the infirmary, laying Laura's senseless body on the nearest bed. A team of nurses and doctors rush over. Someone rolled Laura away from him. Nathan didn't want to leave his mate's side. He began to yell, trying to push out the guards that held him back. His gaze never left Laura as they took her to the other room.

Finally, he pulled out of his guards' grip, gaze never leaving the empty hallway to where his mate could be. He growled under his breath, stalked towards the nearest wall and punched into it. He continued hitting it as tears rolled down his face, thinking about how his stupidity and greed had harmed his mate.

He stopped punching the wall and leaned his forehead on it, "I'm sorry..."