Baby Boy, Prince Hades Axel Crescent

Nathan's POV

"Laura, come on, love, stay with me," I said through my pants as the medics pulled the stretcher into the emergency room. Laura was pale, and dry blood covered her thighs. Her eyes were struggling to stay open, but also she was losing so much blood, and she was in pain. I felt it.

"N-Nate," she murmured under her breath.

I leaned forward, "Laura, don't waste your breath. Just stay awake." I said, giving her a light squeeze on her hand.

Suddenly, doctors and nurses rushed towards us, taking the stretcher from the medics. Suddenly, the physicians pulled me back, telling me I could not go further. But I would not let it happen, so I put up a fight. "No, I need to be her!" I yelled as more tried to hold me down. "Your Highness, please calm down!" Dr Karen said, standing in front of me. I ignored her and continued fighting, monitoring Laura being taken towards double doors. "Alpha Nathan!"

I felt a sharp pain in my neck, realising that Dr Karen had injected something in me. My body suddenly got drowsy, and my eyes became heavier. My body dropped, and everything darkened once she passed through those doors.

*~*~*

I gasped awake, pushing myself up, and glanced around in confusion.

Where am I?

What happened?

That's when memories hit me like a ton of bricks. Laura!

Where is she?

How are she and our son!?

"Nate! Nate!" I glanced to my side to see Sean. "Calm down," he said.

"Laura!?" I asked, noticing bandages wrapped around my chest and left shoulder. "What happened?"

"Dr Karen had to inject you to keep you from the surgery room and to bandage you too," he said. I tried to push myself out of bed, and Sean placed his hand on my chest, "what are you doing?" He asked, gently pushing me down.

"I need to see her," I said, struggling out of bed.

"Nate, you need to rest."

I shook my head and pushed him out of my way as I walked out of the room.

"Nate!" I heard Kelly call out, walking towards me. "Why are you out of bed?" She asked.

"Where's Laura? What happened?" I asked, shaking the sleep away.

I felt Kelly's hand grab my forearm, "Nate, calm down and take a seat." She dragged me to a seat. "It has been an hour and a half so far, and we still don't know how Laura is."

I groaned, throwing my head back, "Where's Dr Karen?" I asked.

"She's in there," Kelly said.

Sean left my room, "Nate, just sit and take a deep breath." He said. "I'm sure they're both okay. I know Laura is a strong woman," he patted my back gently. A few minutes later, Dr Karen walked in, and we all came close and tensive. I was worried, and for the first time, I was afraid. Was this how Sean felt when he lost his mate?

"Dr Karen, how is she and the boy? Are they both okay?" I asked nervously.

I took a large gulp as she said, "Laura had a strong silver mixed with rare wolfsbane, which was killing her slowly... Her shifting strengthened her for a while, giving her enough energy to slow down the silver and wolfsbane."

"So she's fine?" Kelly asked. "And so is the baby?"

Dr Karen sighed sadly, "She's not fine... Because she lost a lot of blood and was weakened by the silver and wolfsbane, we had to perform an emergency C-section to ensure the safety of the baby." There was a moment of silence, and she smiled a bit, "Luckily, the prince is a fighter; he survived and is well." I released my breath of relief, happy that my son was well.