Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part Two)

Nathan's POV

My heartbeat was fast because of excitement and overwhelmed for tonight. Finally, everyone knows and sees my mate, their Luna Queen.

My beautiful Queen.

Sean chuckled, "You're nervous."

I glared at him and stared at myself in the mirror. I saw a King, a golden crown on my head and a sharp black suit. But I felt weak and worthless. It has been a week since I could shift, and I still can't contact my wolf. I fear that the Lycan brothers will attack and take my mate, and I won't be able to protect her like I promised.

"Nate comes before Elder Sophia comes and yells at us," Sean said, gently tagging my arm. "As your Beta, I should ensure you suffer nothing, even a yelling woman." I chuckled, and we left the room, heading towards the ballroom.

Sean earned the Beta position last week after my lockdown on everyone. The Elders and mother believe it was an excellent idea to make Sean Beta. Sean's Uncle was our beta, and Sean was in his care until his death. So, I am putting him in line for being beta. Also, he was one of the best warriors in the royal pack.

Once we reached the ballroom, everyone was there. Alphas worldwide, the Elders, witches representatives and the Vampire King. Mrs Kane did a fantastic job decorating the ballroom with white and gold, especially with the sky roof window, with moonflowers around and moonflowers on the thrones.

"Son!" I heard Mother call out, and I turned to her. "Laura is on her way, so we must be on our spots." She smiled.

She wore the Luna Queen crown, which was a golden moonflower. She wore a long sleeveless silver dress with white and gold embroidery. I nodded and walked beside her, "are you happy about this?" I asked. I knew Mother didn't like Laura because, one, she wasn't Tracy and two, she would lose her title.

She sighed, "I'm not, but if Luna has chosen this." She said. "I don't know if this is me talking, but I know your father will be happy." I felt a spike of pain, but I smiled at the mother and walked towards the thrones. I stood with my head held high and my mother beside me. The Elders stood in front, facing the crowd.

"Welcome all," Elder Smallwood greeted, gaining everyone's attention. "Tonight, we are introducing our werewolf Luna Queen." He said.

"Upon the full moon. In the eyes of our Luna, our moon goddess." Elder Wood added, "We thank her for protecting Alpha King Nathan's mate and choosing her for him and us."

Elder Stone smiled, "Now let's hold our heads high as our Luna becomes Queen."

They bowed and stepped aside as everyone lifted their heads high, gazing up the stairs towards the doors and waiting for her. The doors opened, and there stood my beautiful mate. I couldn't keep myself from smiling widely as her father and my beloved walked down the stairs. Gracefully.

She wore a simple but beautiful dress that made her look more like a goddess than a Queen. She took my breath away. As they came forward, I stepped down. Once they were before me, her father kissed her knuckle and turned to me. "Protect and love her," he ordered slowly, handing Laura's hand.

"I will," I promised, bowing my head as I gently took her hand, glancing into her sky-blue eyes. I helped her up and stared out to the crowd. "Greetings," I said. "I stand before you and our moon goddess, Luna. I present my true mate. Your true Luna. Our true Queen."

I glanced into Laura's eyes and helped her up towards Mother again. I stared at Mother, "Mother. Upon your eyes as Luna Queen, I present my true mate and our future Luna Queen."

I nervously waited to hear what Mother would say. She sighed under her breath and smiled, "I stand before everyone and the moon goddess as I present this crown," with both hands, she lifted the crown from her head, and Laura bowed her head. "To our new Luna Queen." She smiled, placing the crown on her head.

As she lifted her head, she smiled towards Mother and then glanced at me. We both turned, and everyone bowed. After silence, they raised their heads, and so did Laura and I. We all stared at the night sky to see the full moon, and then there were howls. I glanced over to Laura, and I saw happiness, and her eyes suddenly shifted colours from sky blue to grey eyes. That was when I knew she was happy, and I had to ensure her safety and love her.

*~*~*

"I am his true mate! I would be Luna! I would be Queen!" Tracy growled. In the darkness of the woods, she stood there. Her soul was in rage and betrayal. She wanted vengeance for those who took away her dreams and hopes. And that's being Luna Queen.

"Don't worry, little one," a deep voice spoke within the darkness. "You'll get what you want in time. But you have to do something for us."

"Whatever it is, I'll do." She nodded.

She didn't care that she was making a deal with the enemy. Hell, she would have made a deal with the devil. She wanted Nathan and the crown to be Queen. "I'll inform you in time. Just keep your eyes and ears open. We'll keep in touch," he grinned.

"Until next time," she smiled devilishly as she turned and walked away.

"Sebastian, you know your words," Elsa said, walking towards him.

He grinned, "Now let's get a second plan to action." They glanced at each other, giving each other sinister grins. They had something planned, and it looked as though it was getting closer than anyone could think.