Awaken

Laura's POV

They were the first, and they were last.

They were the dominant beasts that ruled with an iron fist!

They will rise once more.

But by the one born with the mark will rise a perfect wolf...

And that is me, Laura...

Daughter of the Moon Goddess...

The mate of the Alpha King Nathan...

The future mother of a powerful Lycan heir...

"Are you ready to go back?" Mother's voice snapped me out of my train of thought.

I continued gazing down into the pool. Memories of my marking still kept playing in my mind. I shook my head 'no' before gazing up at her. "I'm afraid... I saw a different side of Nate that I'm not sure if I'll overlook that side of him." I said nervously, biting my lip.

"Are you sure it's about Nate or... That you're the daughter of Derek the Great?" She said, lifting an eyebrow, "... Or it's because you have to ensure the existence of the lycans?"

Wow, she's good.

First, I'm worried that I must face Nate, talking about how he lost control of his wolf when drunk. Second, I found out my father is Derek, who was the most hated (excuse my French) asshole. He was why every werewolf hates lycans, and here I am, bringing back lycans whilst being 'Luna Queen'. Last, I would give birth to a powerful Lycan heir.

That's a massive responsibility.

I sighed and nodded, "... All of that." I said, fiddling my fingers nervously. "Is there a genuine reason you're bringing Lycans back?" I asked, looking back up at her.

"I think I should tell what's written in density..." She said, walking to the edge of the pool. "There will be war, vampires will rule the entire world one day, and werewolves will never exist."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "how come King Johnson and Nate are best friends?" I asked in confusion. "How would werewolves never exist?"

"Yes, they are, but that friendship will never last," she said.

"Then why am I here?"

"To ensure the safety and protection of mankind and werewolves, I had to bring back lycans since they are powerful enough to go against the vampires, and they can create werewolves."

"What about the Reed family? Why did they have to... Die?" I murmured the last word, the last lycan family living in my old pack.

"Written in destiny that they have to die. I had to make destiny at least lineup, or I'd face the King of Gods." She grinned, "... Anyway, let's get back before Nathan becomes angry and depressed with himself."

I gave her a nervous smile, then looked down, "It was nice being here... Mom," I glanced at her as she smiled warmly. "I'll come for a visit more often."

"People make mistakes. Remember that. Happy birthday, my moonflower," she winked at me as I jumped into the pool.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

I heard this annoying sound in the darkness. I wanted to throw it across the room and sleep in peace.

Suddenly, the pain went through me from my neck to my complete body; I wanted it to stop. It was a burning and stinging pain. I want everything to stop.

'Open your eyes, Laura, you can do this!' Sandy's voice echoed, 'I know you can do it... Wake up...'

I groaned and moaned in pain. I felt like shaking the pain away; I wanted it to stop. Suddenly, there was ease, followed by warmth and sparks. It was a fantastic feeling.

"Laura, my love... I hope you can hear me. I need you to wake up... Please..." My heart ached to hear... Nate's voice. He needed me, and I needed him. I had to wake up.

Wake up!

Wake up!

WAKE UP!

Nathan's POV

"Laura, my love..." I sighed, clenching her chilly hand," I hope you can hear me. I need you to wake up." I see her frown, "... Please..." I slowly leaned forward and kissed her forehead. As I leaned back, her eyes flickered open.

I felt my heart pounding in joy as a warm smile spread. She's finally awake! My beautiful mate is sharp!

"N-Nathan..." She said with a cracked voice. She stared straight into my eyes, and I saw excitement then... Fear.

•~•~•

Black water shone, and then slowly, the water faded away. Elsa glanced over to the chalice before sipping her wine. "She's awake..." She breathed as she leaned.

"What now?" Sebastian asked, staring into the cracking orange flames.

"We lost Nicholas and Joseph to that leech," Christopher growled. "Now we have to deal with Johnson once again!"

"Oh, don't give yourself a temper, Christopher," Elsa purred, hiding her grin behind her wine glass. "Negative energy is terrible for everyone, especially for you."

Oberon sat in the far corner, sipping his whisky, "I have an idea, and I know you won't like it." He said with an emotionless face.

"Any idea is an excellent idea," Sebastian sighed, looking over.

"Us, the Lycan brothers, work with rouge werewolves..."