Embracing a New Home

"It's time to leave, dear," my mom says as we finish wrapping up our things. As we walk outside the Sand Village's main entrance, I give it one final glance, "I hope Gaara will be okay" and sigh.

I know leaving Gaara behind is still feels like I'm abandoning my best friend in a world that is so cruel to Jinchuriki. 

I don't want to leave Gaara behind, but I have no choice. I'm powerless to act, and all I can do is curse the Kazekage in my head. I can't help but feel like I've let Gaara down somehow. He always needed me next to him before. What will he do when I'm gone? 

Even so, I'm glad that I made Gaara's childhood happy, even in the short time that I was given. I hope he remembers the good things we did together and not just the hurt and fear that Jinchuriki suffer from such isolation.

My family arrives at the famous entrance to Konoha, the Hidden Leaf Village, and yes, we are moving to Konoha. It's been a long journey, but finally we're here. I take a deep breath, taking in the village with all its sights, sounds, and smells. It's so different from the desert where I grew up, but somehow feels familiar too. I'm both excited to explore this new village.

Two men greet us as we enter the village. They are the gate guards, but I don't remember their names either unfortunately. Still, they look friendly enough, and we proceed into the village together.

"Welcome to Konoha!" the two guards say eagerly. "I'm Izumo, and this is Kotetsu," the dude with his hair covering one eye introductions himself. "Nice to meet you" Kotetsu adds with a smile.

"Are you perhaps the new residents here?" Izumo asks, and my family nods in confirmation. "Yes, we're the new residents here," my mom replies.

"May we know where the Hokage's office is?" my dad adds, and Kotetsu nods and points towards a tall red building in the distance. "Right that way," he says. "Wow, it's huge! I can't believe I'm seeing Konoha in real  life!" I think to myself with some inner squeal. 

"Thank you" my mom said. My family quickly bows to the guard for their help. Izumo and Kotetsu nod and return our bows, smiling, and we head off towards the tall red building.

As we approach the building, I notice my inner excitement start to grow. "Is this where we will meet the Hokage? Hiruzen is still the Hokage here I think."

After entering the building, we find ourselves in the presence of the 3rd Hokage, Hiruzen. He greets us warmly and invites us to sit. He listens intently while our family introduces ourselves.

Hiruzen seems like a kind and wise person, and I'm glad that he's welcoming us so kindly. Better than fucking Kazekage, I guess? Oh, I forgot how he treats Naruto but I guess he still lets him to have friends. 

My parents smile at the 3rd Hokage after he explains that they will be serving as shinobi in Konoha by the Kazekage's referral. "It's an honour, Hokage-sama" my dad says with sincerity. "We promise to complete our missions as quickly and precisely as possible, and use our skills to help our new village." He bows respectfully.

The Hokage nods politely and says, "Oh, don't mention it! Your reputation precedes you. Your clan is famous for your skills in battle, and I'm sure your bloodline abilities will be an asset to Konoha and its citizens." 

After the conversations, our family proceeds to the new home that the Hokage provided for us in Konoha. We unpack everything and set up our living arrangements. I go to my new room to unpack my things, my heart racing with excitement for the future ahead. After so much time spent in the desert, it feels good to be here in Konoha. 

I take a deep breath and start organizing my items, making sure to put everything in its place. 

I settle the stuffed bear that Gaara gave me, on my bed. Taking it with me to help keep me company in my new room.