Naruto's Promise

The doctors, satisfied with (Y/n)'s recovery progress, gave their approval for her discharge. All that remained was to address her fever, and they deemed home rest to be the best course of action. With their guidance, (Y/n) was ready to leave the hospital and continue her recovery in the comfort of her own home. 

Unable to join Tenten and Neji in their training, and with Naruto busy training with Jiraiya, (Y/n) decided to visit Lee instead. Curious about his recovery and eager to spend time with a friend, she made her way to Lee's location, hoping to bring some cheer to his day. 

Having just finished visiting Hinata at her home to check on her status after their intense battle with Neji during the preliminary round, (Y/n) felt a mix of relief and concern. The aftermath of the fight lingered in their minds, and (Y/n) wanted to ensure Hinata's well-being and offer support during the recovery process. 

After her visit to Hinata's home, (Y/n) made her way to the Yamanaka flower shop. Intent on buying some flowers for Lee, she envisioned brightening his day with a cheerful bouquet during her upcoming visit. The vibrant colors and fragrant blooms seemed like the perfect gesture to lift Lee's spirits during his recovery.

Upon entering the shop, Ino, stationed by the cash register, greeted (Y/n) with a teasing remark, "Oh, isn't this my love rival for Sasuke?" (Y/n) closed her eyes and responded calmly, "Stop that. I'm not your rival." Undeterred, (Y/n) continued to choose flowers for Lee. Ino smirked and admitted, "You know, I don't hate you for hanging around with Sasuke." 

"Well, thank you. I guess?" (Y/n) responded, a bit surprised by Ino's candid statement. Ino continued, "I'm telling the truth. If Sasuke wouldn't end up with me, I want him to end up with you instead of Sakura." (Y/n) shrugged, "Whatever you say. I only see Sasuke as a younger sibling. But thanks for that." (Y/n) chose a sunflower and placed it on the cash register to pay, the exchange leaving a lingering sense of camaraderie and mutual understanding.

"I believe that I'm not the right one for Sasuke," (Y/n) added with a thoughtful expression. Ino, intrigued, asked, "Then who do you think?" (Y/n) responded with a mysterious smile, "You'll know soon," and winked, leaving Ino with a sense of curiosity and anticipation. 

Ino blushed after (Y/n)'s wink and continued, "You probably heard this a lot, and this is my first time saying it in front of your face, but you're so pretty. Your beauty is captivating." Ino praised with a sincere smile. "T-thank you," (Y/n) responded, gazing away and blushing a bit, clearly touched by the unexpected compliment because hearing a compliments from girls hits different. 

(Y/n) impulsively grabbed a rose from the shop and handed it to Ino. In her mind, she scolded herself, "Girl, stop stuttering!" Clearing her throat, she said, "Uhm, Ino, I'm gonna buy this for you." (Y/n) looked away, blushing. Ino, surprised, asked, "For me? Okay," pointing at herself and also blushing. (Y/n) placed the rose over Ino's ear, turning it into a charming hair accessory. "Pretty," (Y/n) complimented, smiling. "Thank you. You're so nice," Ino replied with a grateful smile, and a warm exchange of compliments filled the air. 

Later on, Sakura entered the shop to buy flowers as well. Ino and (Y/n) noticed Sakura, and their attention shifted towards her. "Oh... How unusual for you to come by to buy our flowers," Ino teased. Sakura, a bit flustered, retorted, "N-not really! Why would you care!" As Sakura began choosing flowers, she noticed (Y/n) and remarked, "Oh, (Y/n), you're here too?" (Y/n) returned to her calm self, simply nodding. Ino, being Ino, approached Sakura and asked, "You're going to see Sasuke, right?"

"So what? (Y/n) is going to see Sasuke too!" Sakura replied defensively. (Y/n) corrected her, saying, "You're wrong. I'm going to visit Lee." Meanwhile, Ino, having asked for her mom's permission to go out, continued bantering with Sakura, their playful exchanges adding a light and entertaining atmosphere to the flower shop.