The Solo Participant

"Hey, you guys!" A white-haired boy with glasses entered the scene. "You should be a little quieter," he demanded, his tone carrying a mix of annoyance and authority. "You guys are the 'rookie ten,' fresh out of the Academy, right? Carrying on like that with cute faces... Man. This isn't a field trip," he added.

"Hey, what a pretty girl. Much better if you use your beauty somewhere else," the white-haired boy remarked with a wink directed at (Y/n), a comment that made her cringe. Naruto, Sasuke, and Kiba, catching wind of the inappropriate remark, wore annoyed expressions in response. Hinata, meanwhile, wore a worried expression, concerned about the discomfort caused by the unwarranted comment.

"Who are you? Acting all haughty!" Ino ranted, expressing her discontent with Kabuto's demeanor.

"I'm Kabuto Yakushi. Anyway, take a good look around you," Kabuto replied, his tone calm and composed. The ten rookies glanced around the room as Kabuto suggested, realizing that the attention of the participants had shifted toward them. 

"Behind you... They're from the Rain Village. They're hot-tempered. Everyone's tense before the exam. I thought I'd warn you guys before you get your butts whipped," Kabuto warned, his words carrying a hint of caution. He paused for a moment before continuing, "I guess it can't be helped. You're rookies who don't know left from right. You remind me of my old self."

"Excuse me?! It's insulting that you compare us to you. I bet these 'hot-tempered people' you're talking about, half of them are not even gonna make it in the first trial," (Y/n) asserted confidently. She continued, smirking, "I also bet that you're the one who takes this exam multiple times, then always gives up. I wonder why?" Her words carried a hint of skepticism, suggesting that (Y/n) had caught on to Kabuto's true intentions. 

Kabuto's calm demeanor wavered, and he showed a flicker of surprise in response to (Y/n)'s bold and perceptive words. Her astuteness had seemingly caught him off guard, revealing that perhaps there was more to Kabuto's actions and intentions than initially met the eye. 

Sasuke, confused by (Y/n)'s bold statement, couldn't help but voice the question that lingered in the minds of the others. "What was that about, (Y/n)?" he asked, reflecting the curiosity shared by the rest of the group. With a mysterious smile, (Y/n) simply replied, "Nothing." 

"You're Kabuto... right?" Sakura inquired, seeking confirmation. "Yes," Kabuto nodded in acknowledgment. "That pretty girl's speculation is right. I have taken this exam multiple times already. To be exact, it's my 7th time now," he admitted. 

"This Exam only held twice a year, so it's now my fourth year," Kabuto explained, shedding light on the repetitiveness of his attempts. Sakura, intrigued by this revelation, questioned further, "Then that means you know a lot about these exams?!"

"Kind of..." Kabuto replied. "No kidding. Kabuto, you're pretty awesome, huh?" Naruto expressed amazement at Kabuto's resilience. Shikamaru, however, critiqued, "But you haven't passed."

"Yeah, well, that is the case, yes..." Kabuto replied, scratching the back of his head and chuckling. Shikamaru hinted at the high difficulty of the Chunin Exam, saying, "Is the Chunin Exam that high a hurdle?" He added with a casual, "Man, what a drag," reflecting his characteristic laid-back attitude. 

"Then, maybe I'll give a bit of information to my cute juniors..." Kabuto teased, pulling out some cards from his pocket. "With these Ninja Cards." 

"To put it simply, they're cards that have information burned into them and coded with chakra," Kabuto informed, offering a glimpse into the nature of the Ninja Cards. He knelt down on the floor, placing the cards before him, and continued, "I spent the whole four years gathering information for this Exam." Kabuto proceeded to explain the intricacies of his cards.