Chapter 16

Hi guys! Hope you like this chapter, you can comment what you thought of it and even how I can improve it. I'll update the next chapter as soon as I can.

Cartoons, it's funny how that little thing can change so much

At that moment, the only thing heard were the guffaws from kids and adults all around the gym. No one cared if other laughs were loud or awkward, everyone was grinning at the animating characters that were being projected.

"Look Em!" Colton pointed to the big screen.

He swung his legs back and forth over and over again, like the little kid he was.

"It's really good, don't you think?" The little kangaroo slipped and fell on the floor, causing everyone to laugh. "Remember to thank uncle Scott for fixing the projector next time you see him."

He nodded his head, not even looking back at me. His blue eyes were glued to the screen and nothing was going to make him loose concentration.

His tingling hands caught mine and squeezed it.

We had been there for about three hours, and it looked like no one was planning on leaving.

It was a good idea to gather all the people together to have some fun, we all needed some distraction from the cruel reality

"They need you," Hal whispered in my ear, his chest heaved rapidly.

Goosebumps started to spread all around my body and all because a certain guy.

We're just friends, nothing more

I nodded my head and turned to Avery that was on the other side of Colton.

"I need to go, but when you see Ben and Matt leaving you go too, okay? Don't go too late."

Avery didn't even bother to look at me, just like Colton.

She had a goofy smile on her face and just nodded her head as a response.

I chuckled.

They deserve happiness and some rest, everyone deserves it

Hal was waiting for me beside the door. Our foot echoed all around the school as we ran the fastest we could.

He began to slow down as he entered the clinic.

"Everything's fine?" I asked Hal.

His eyes became wider as he moved his index finger over his mouth.

What's going on? Why should they need me? Why isn't Hal telling me what's wrong?

He opened the door and revealed that Dai was laying on one of the clinic's beds.

Blood was covering all over his stomach and chest. Dai trembled as he groaned and screamed with anguish.

"We don't want people to panic, he was injured by a mech," Hal told me once inside the clinic and once the door closed too.

Too many questions were forming in my head, but I knew I wasn't going to get many answers.

"Emily, I need you here. Now!" Dr Glass told me.

She was getting her gloves on and preparing everything to start working on Dai.

I took a deep breath and moved towards Dr Glass.

I had treated harmed people before but nothing very serious.

There's a first time for everything,... right?

____________________

Dr. Glass grabbed a needle and begun to close Dai's wounds.

"You did a good job, Emily, never thought you would be this good," Dr. Glass told me.

"Learnt from the best."

A little smiled formed in my face, as I remembered the times I spent learning from my talented mother.

Tom, Weaver and Lieutenant Danner walked into the clinic. Tom's brown eyes were staring right at me.

"Hey, why don't you go talk to them and inform them of Dai's condition? I need to finish here and I have to make sure it's well done."

I nodded my head and walked towards them.

Everyone dies at some point in life, but if it wasn't for those aliens who invaded our home, a whole lot of people will still be living.

"How is he?" Weaver asked.

"He has a deep abdominal laceration, but no internal damage."

"Is he gonna make it?" Tom added.

I took a deep sighed. "I'm not sure. He's unconscious and he has lost a lot of blood,"

I turned around and my gaze fell upon Dai. His skin was pale, blood still on his chest and his eyes closed, like he was just sleeping. It wasn't the first time I saw a person die, but it still affected me.

If something happens to my siblings I really don't think I would have the strength to keep surviving

"I think he'll make it, but we need to wait til morning."

Weaver opened his mouth briefly but closed it as he notice I was still standing there.

"Thank you, Emily, you may go now."

"I still need to monitor Dai throughout the night."

"I'll do it. You did a great job, thank you. You need to rest and be with Avery and Colton," Dr. Glass told me, didn't even letting me talk.

I nodded and direct myself to the door.

My clock beeped, one in the morning. I walked out of the clinic and started to walk towards my room.

I spotted Hal walking in my direction.

"Hey, how's Dai?"

"Unconscious, but he's stable. We need to have faith that he'll make it 'till tomorrow."

"Hope he'll make it, he's a good man," Hal said.

"He is."

"You and I haven't talk for a while, everything has been a mess, why don't we have breakfast together tomorrow?" Hal suggested.

Time alone with Hal? Count with me

"Sounds perfect, we need to catch up."

My lips curved into a stupid smile.

"Yes we do, I need to go talk to dad, but see you tomorrow Em," Hal said.

He turned around, but not before giving me a wink.

That boy is going to make me crazy, hope it's in a good way

Remember to vote and comment, that would be incredible. Love you guys!