Chapter 29

It's me again! Hope you enjoy this chapter. I know I haven't been updating very often, but I had some problems with school and things. Also, I won't be updating probably until the end of November. I have final exams, but I'll try my best to write a chapter whenever I'm free. I'm sorry! I love you, guys and thanks for all the support! 

A groaned emerged from my mouth as the sunlight hit directly into my face. My eyes blinked a few times, adjusting to the scenario around me.

I was inside the medbus, laying on a gurney next to the window.  

I commanded my brain to move my toes, to check on my condition.

They're moving - I thought as I wiggled my toes once again.

I sat straight without any pain and took a better look.

A loud gasp escaped my lips, as I looked down to the old and bloody clothes still on my body. That little detail made me remember what had happened, well... most of it.

"Em!" I heard that lovely voice.

Little steps could be heard and seconds later Colton's figure appeared. He came running into my direction and jumped over me, placing his cold hands around my neck. I hugged him tight and smiled to myself.

I'm the luckiest girl alive

"Hey, how are you?" I pressed my lips against his cheek, still embracing him.

"He's fine, haven't left your side since they brought you here," Hal said with a faint smile.

Hal scratched his red eyes a couple of times and walked closer. He sat beside my bed and took my hand between his.

"Hey," I replied.

Colton got off my arms and rested his head on the pillow.

"Where's Avery?" I asked Hal.

"With Matt, they are like glue and paper."

We both chuckled and stared into each other's eyes.

I wanted so bad to kiss him, to place my forehead against his and stare into his perfect eyes.

"How are you feeling? Anything hurts?" Hal asked full with worry.

"Not at all."

"Okay... that's good," Hal grabbed a loose piece of hair and placed it behind my ear carefully.

"How long I'd been here?" I said.

"Maybe five hours," He told me as he checked his watch.

I yawned, it felt like I hadn't slept in decades.

"What happened exactly?" I said and stared at Colton, who was now sleeping.

"I know you told me you would be back, but we found Ricky and dad felt it was necessary to look for you guys. Dad said you fainted after the Skitter talked through you, or something like that. They brought you here and said you would probably wake up in a few hours," Hal sighed and gave me an obviously fake smile.

"Somethings wrong. Are you okay?"

He's acting strange

Hal brushed his hair with his hand and then took my hand once again, just that this time it was tighter, "I was dead worried about you, what if something had happened to you? When I saw dad running with you in his arms, unconscious," He paused for a second, "I lost it. For a minute, I thought I had loose you."

"I'm fine and I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. Leaving you, Avery or Colton isn't a possibility," I pulled his arm.

He moved closer and peck me on the lips.

"I love you," Hal said with a huge smile on his face.

"I love you."

I think I forgot something

"Where's Ben?"

"He brought the Skitter. Ben said it's harmed and needed help, everyone went crazy out there."

"Wait, what?"

"I'm gonna leave now. Take a nap, okay?" Hal said quickly, not telling me more about Ben and the Skitter.

Before I could answer to his question, he talked once again.

"I'll come visit you later. I need a little private time with my beautiful girlfriend," He winked and took Colton on his arms.

"I would like that," I smiled at him and blew a kiss to his direction.

Colton's head rested on Hal's shoulder, they both looked so cute.

He's going to be a great father, someday

----------------

With each step I took, my nerves became greater. The sound of rocks and leaves under my boots gave out my position and I couldn't afford that since everyone thought I was resting on the medbus.

I had made up my mind, I needed to go and find the Skitter, he was the only hope left.

They probably have him at the cages

The instance my boots hit the hard stone of the area where we had the cages, the now common chill passed through my spine and I lose all control over my body.

"Yes, I can," the words came out of my mouth without any thought.

All eyes moved to me as I walked my way to the enclosure, were the Skitter was. Tom and Weaver were two of the few not pointing their guns at me.

"We don't have time for a lot of shenanigans. We need answers and we need them now," Weaver spoke harshly.

"Of course, you'll get them. But first, I wish to address professor Mason, alone," I spoke once again.

Tom stared at me for a while until he nodded at Weaver, not taking his eyes off me.

"Everybody out!" Weaver shouted and not a single person was left, except for Tom and me.

"I wanna know what you know," Tom said.

"You wanna know why your son is so important to me?" I told him calmly.

"Yes. Above all, I want to know that," Tom took a couple steps forward.

"There so much to tell you, but so little time."

"I got all the time in the world," He simply said with a hint of desperation behind his voice.

"I'm afraid not. As we speak, there's a death squad coming this way to kill everyone in this camp."

Wait, what? It can't be, it is wrong

I did my best to move my feet and arms, but nothing responded to my orders.

Weaver came inside, with agitated breath and a big group of armed soldiers behind him.

"Get away from there, this bastard has let them directly to us."

Shit

Maybe you could vote, or comment... I think it's a good idea