Chapter 21

I hope you like this long chapter! I really enjoy reading all the comments so keep doing it. I'm thinking of updating again this week so make sure to let me know what you think. I'm basing this chapter on the first one episode of season two :)

---Two months later---
My hands were covering my eyes as my body lay on the uncomfortable bed.

I took a deep breath, opened my eyes and screamed, "Ready or not, here I come!"

I stood up and started wandering around the tent we called home at the moment. It was spacious, with exact room for our three beds and was good to keep us from getting soaked wet on those stormy nights.

A pair of giggles made my feet stop and I look under one of the beds.

Colton had his hands over his blue eyes while Avery shut her eyes as hard as she could. Both of them were curled into a ball, making the less sounds possible.

"Hmm, would they have left me playing all alone?" I continue walking. "No, they wouldn't. The weird thing is they're nowhere to be found."

More laughs could be heard coming from under the bed. A smile formed in my face as I noticed my siblings getting up from under the bed.

"Boo!" Avery and Colton said at the unison.

I gasped dramatically, "You scared me!"

I ran in their direction and started tickling them.

"Tickle attack!" I yelled.

Avery laughed while Colton screamed and tried to tickle me back.

I love having them around me, they give me hope of a normal life

We were in the middle of the war when the noise outside our tent made me stop and look up.

My suspicious beat me and I couldn't help but to stick my head outside the tent.

A large number of people were gathered around the bus that we used as the clinic. I took my whole body out of the tent and moved a few steps closer. I stood on my toes and saw it, someone was hurt on the mission.

Please, please, don't let it be Hal or Ben - I repeated again and again.

Since Tom was captured, I promised myself I would do everything to keep everyone together.

Colton and Aver got out too and walked towards me.

"Who's hurt, Em?" Colton spoke.

His little head leaned against my arm while he took my hand.

"I don't know, but I think I should go and help out," I told him not taking my gaze off the crowd.

"Go, I'll stay with Colton," Avery said.

She had been helping me a lot out, keeping an eyes out for Colton. I had been working almost every day at the clinic since we got reunited a couple months back.

"No, I want to go!" Colton yelled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"We'll continue playing, c'mon Colton," Avery assured.

Colton wasn't very happy but still followed Avery back inside.

You can do this, Emily. Keep yourself together, it won't be Ben or Hal the ones in the table

I forced my feet to go faster, causing me to bump a few people on my way. I didn't even bother to apologize, I just kept walking.

I got to the bus, but before I could open the curtain Ben took me by the arm.