Chapter 18

I told you I had something special for all the support! I wasn't suppose to update until next week, but I thought this was the best way to thank you for all the reads. Hope you enjoy this chapter and make sure to check out next chapter next week (Monday).
New cover made by @Lucifers-Left-Lung Make sure to comment what you think of it!

My knuckles smashed against the wooden door several times. A few seconds passed until finally the door opened to reveal Lieutenant Danner standing right in from of me with a gun in his right hand.

"I have orders to give this to Mason."

I showed him the food in my hands.

He nodded his head and grabbed a piece of bread from the plate.

"Everybody's gotta eat, right?" He told me.

"I guess so."

"Watch him."

Lieutenant Danner took his key and opened the gate as I nodded my head towards Tom.

I dropped the food suddenly making a tremendous noise. Lieutenant Danner looked at me in shock and Tom took the chance and fight him.

After each one got a few bruises, Tom finally pinned him on the floor. Hal and Jimmy came inside and helped Tom tie Lieutenant Danner up.

_____________

As we walked through the halls, full armed, Tom stopped and immediately turned to me.

"Emily, go find Colton and Avery, stay at your room and don't move from there until Hal goes and get you. You got it?"

"But-"

"No! Please..., just go."

I nodded and changed my direction to our room.

I ran and looked everywhere for my little siblings, but they were nowhere to be found.

Some people could be heard from where I was, they were screaming.

"Com on, go back to our room."

I got closer and saw Tom. He had Matt grabbed by his arm harshly and his face was stern. Matt tried to free himself, but he didn't get it.

"Tom! Hey! I'll take him."

"Thank you so much, Emily, I believe that if he's with you, he's going to be safe."

I nodded and gave a warm smile.

Tom freed Matt, and the little boy ran towards me and hugged me.

"What's happening?" Matt asked with his still unmatured voice.

"We need to find Avery and Colton, but everything's fine."

_________

"Finally! Where have you two been?" I asked Avery and Colton.

"Colton was feeling tired so I brought him to our room," Avery explained.

I kissed them both on their foreheads and sighed.

"Do you wanna play a few games?" I asked them with my huge smile.

All the kids nodded their heads.

We played for a few more minutes until a few knocks on the door where hear.

"Come in," Matt said.

Hall entered through the door and started right at me. His brown eyes were connected to my blue ones and all I wanted to do was to stay like that all day, just looking at him.

"Hey, guys, why won't you go eat something? I need to talk to Em." Hal told the little ones.

"Everything's fine?" Matt asked.

"Everything's perfect," Hal told him messing Matt's hair.

Matt, Colton and Avery exit the room and left Hal and I alone.

"How's Tom?" I asked.

"He's good, everything got solved out, it was hard, but we did it."

"So Weaver's fine?"

"You could say that."

"Good, he's a really great person."

"Yeah..., actually I needed to tell you something else."

"W- what is it?"

"I'm leaving. We're going to attack the structure in Boston."

"What?"

Did I head right? Was He leaving?

"I just wanted to say goodbye, cause we're actually leaving soon."

"It's too dangerous!"

A few tears came out of my eyes.

"Hey, hey... It's fine, I'm going to be fine."

Hal got closer to me and after a couple seconds he hugged me tightly.

I didn't want to let him go, if I did there could be a change I would never see him again.

"Don't die, Hal."

"I won't, and I promise you that, but you need to promise me something," He let me go and faced me. "Take care of Colton and Avery, but especially, take care of yourself."

"I will."

"Bye beautiful."

That were the last words I heard coming out of his mouth.

Make sure to vote, comment and check out my other story, 'Chaotic Wonderful Life'.