Chapter 19

Hello guys, I wrote this chapter a week ago and I couldn't wait to update it! Hope you enjoy it!

"Emily!" Avery screamed.

Not again

I opened my eyes and jumped out of bed as fast as I could.

Colton was in his knees, throwing up in a trashcan next to his bed. Matt patted Colton's back and yawned.  

Colton had been throwing up since four in the morning and it looked like he wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

Matt had been next to him since the very start, but it was time for Avery and him to have a decent sleep.

"Avery, Matt, get some sleep. I'll take Colton to the clinic."

They both nodded their heads and got back to their own bed.

I took Colton from the floor and held him. His weak arms got around my neck as I carried him around the school.

Will my little baby be okay?

"Dr.Glass?" I said as I slowly entered the clinic.

"Yes, I'm here," She told me as she rose her hand for me to see her.

She was stitching Uncle Scott's head while they talked.

"What happened?" I asked as I noticed Tom and Lourdes were there as well.

"Ricky attacked Scott," Dr. Glass responded.

Uncle Scott winched and talked, "It's not a big thing, it's just a scratch."

"I'm cold," Colton said.

His voice was light and it sounded as he was about to tear up.

"I can get you a blanket, would you like that?" Lourdes asked him.

Colton nodded and buried his head once again under my neck.

"Is he alright?" Tom asked and took Colton in his arms.

"He has been vomiting for almost three hours, I've tried to get him to drink water, but he throws up right away," I explained.

"Poor little guy," Uncle Scott said as he patted Colton's back, "I'm heading off now, I hope you feel better Colton."

Colton didn't respond, he just nodded.

"Thanks," I muttered to Uncle Scott and he left.

I hate seeing Colton this way

"Tom, can you please lay him on the bed?" Dr.Glass said.

Tom did as he was told and grabbed a trashcan in his hands.

"If you need to throw up just ta-"

Colton didn't let him finished as he threw up all over his shirt. When Colton finished, he lay in bed once again.

"I'm so sorry," I told Tom.

"You think this is my first time with vomit all over me? I have three kids."

We all laughed and I got Tom some stuff to clean himself up.

"We need to start an intravenous, elsewise he'll dehydratase in no time," Dr.Glass said.

Lourdes nodded and started preparing Colton.

Dr. Glass motion me to follower her and Tom outside, so Colton couldn't hear us. I walked behind them, but no before giving Colton one last look.

He is in pain and I'm just standing here, not being able to do anything about it

"I need to have him under observation, but you should go get some sleep, it looks like you haven't had some proper nap for a while, " I opened my mouth, but she shut me up, "Lourdes won't take her eyes off him and if anything changes I'll tell you."

"I agree with Anne," Tom added.

I sighed and nodded.

"Can I at least sleep in one of these beds? I want to be near him."

"Sure," Dr.Lourdes told me and smiled.

"Thank you."

I got inside and looked at Colton. His eyes were closed and he had already the IV inside.

"I-I don't feel g-g-good, Em."

"I know Colton and we are doing everything we can to change that," I said.

"Can you s-sleep here?"

I nodded and lay in his bed. My arms got around his tiny body as we prepared to go to sleep.

"Em, I-I'm scared. I feel w-weird," Colton said in a fragile voice.

I'm scared too

"Everything is going to be fine, I promise."

____________

I opened my eyes as my body moved from side to side, someone was shaking me softly.

"What?" My voice came out harshly.

"Hey, Emily, how're you?" Ben said and smiled kindly.

"Tired, I want to go back to sleep," I told him with my eyes still closed.

Ben chuckled, "I know, but I need you."

I opened my eyes, but before even sitting up, I looked into Colton's direction. He was sleeping, but his skin was pale and his blonde hair was wet because of the sweat.

I don't know what would I do without him

I sat on the bed, legs crossed and motioned Ben to sit with me.

He nodded and sat on the bed just like me.

"I-I feel responsible for what happened with Uncle Scott," Ben sighed deeply, "I know it wasn't my fault, but... I don't know."

Ben looked down.

"Hey, look at me. You could have done nothing and believe me when I say this, you are nothing, nothing like Ricky. You would never hurt an innocent person."

He nodded and shook his head.

A few minutes passed and looked me in the eyes.

"So..., the civilians are evacuating, they say it's too dangerous to stay here."

"Why? What happened?"

"You didn't know? Rick attached Uncle Scott and filtrated our location to the Skitters."

"I knew about Uncle Scott, but no one told me about the Skitters finding our position," I took a deep breath, "wait, I'm not going anywhere."

I can't leave while people stay sacrifice themselves for me

"It's for your safety and for Avery's and Colton's protection too,"

I sighed and kept quite for a moment, I needed some time to think everything through.

"When are they leaving?" I asked Ben.

"Today, at six."

Hold on, Colton isn't good right now

"Ben, Colton can't travel, he's at bad shape and he might get worse," I told Ben in a whisper, even dough Colton was asleep, I wasn't going to take ay chances.

At that moment, I had to make one of the hardest choices I have made.

Make sure to comment/vote! Stay tuned to find out what was Charlie's choice and how that will affect everyone ;)