Chapter 25

New chapter! Can't want to see your reaction. Thanks for all the support <3

A week had passed since we found the abandoned airport. It was decided that we moved to the hangar, that way everyone could be safe and close to each other.

Four walls and a cold environment, exactly what bacterias needed to spread all around. That was one of the main reason I had this job, giving blankets to people around the camp.

"Here you go," I handed a warm blanket to an old woman sitting by a vehicle.

She nodded her head gratefully and I resume walking.

I haven't slept for at least thirty hours, and I was exhausted. People were starting to get sick and there was a lot of work that needed to be done.

"Emily?" Tom spoke.

Tom and Anne were walking towards me, both seemed to be doing the same job I was assigned to.

"Anne, Tom," I said with a smile.

"I think that's enough for today, why don't you go and get some sleep?" Anne told me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, you should get some sleep too."

"I just told her that!" Tom said and laughed.

Anne chuckled, "I know, I will."

I waved my hand and started walking to my tent, I just had to do one stop beofre.

My head peeked inside Tom's tent. Darkness made it harder to move around, but I successfully got to Matt's bed. He was sleeping peacefully, with a little smile on his face.

I kissed his cheek and intended to walk out of the tent.

"Em," A husky voice said.

I turned around and found those chocolate eyes staring at me.

"Hey, just checking on Matt. I'll let you sleep some more..." I whispered, walking towards the exit.

"No," Hal said quickly, "Stay."

I nodded my head and started walking to his bed. Hal moved to the left, making space for me to lay with him.

"I missed you," Hal said, with a sleepy tone.

"I didn't," I told him, biting the inside of my cheek as I tried to containing my laugh.

A couple seconds passed, no answer.

Way to ruin a moment Emily - I said to myself.

My head turned to the left in suspicious and found Hal with his eyes closed.

"Really?" I said to myself and chuckled.

A fake and loud snore made me jump on the spot. Hal's lips were curved into a smile.

"Really?" I repeated, this time laughing and hitting him with a pillow.

"What? You didn't miss me, so I decided to continue sleeping," Hal said laughing with me.

"I missed you, we haven't had a moment only me and you for a while."

"I know, I'm sorry. I have been pretty busy," Hal said and placed his hands around my body, moving us closer to each other.

"Do you think we'll live a normal life?" I said after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes," He connected our lips, "I'll take you on a real date, to the movies."

"Really? The movies? You can do better than that," I said making fun of him.

I kissed him once more, I needed to.