Chapter 27

New update on Monday, I promise!

I took a deep breath, trying to give myself some time to think what I was going to say to Hal. A cold wave made my body tremble as I hugged my legs against my chest. My eyes closed and before I knew what I was doing I heard my voice coming out of my mouth.

"Okay, I'll tell you everything."

Hal didn't say anything. His body was rigid and his face had no expression.

What is he thinking? How is he gonna feel after I tell him about my past? - Those terrifying thoughts start spreading around.

"It all start a couple of months after the invasion. After my older brother disappeared, we moved out from our house. I was scared, my brother always had my back and now there was no one who would do that," A sad smile appeared on my face as I remembered my lovely brother.

"Em -" Hal started, but immediately stopped as I continued.

He needs to know and this is the only way

"We never stayed in one place for too long until we found a group. Probably forty people, they moved a lot as well and my parents decided it would be good for us to stick with them. They welcome us with open arms, everyone was happy to have us," I paused for a minute, "There, I met a lot of people including Jeremy. He became my boyfriend not long after the we got accepted."

Hal frowned and ruffled his hair, "Really?"

"We had been four months with the group, but then, I got taken away by a Mech trying to save Avery. I barely remember," Tears start going down my cheeks as I remembered the horrible nightmare I have had earlier.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I tried to hide my sobbing, but Hal moved his arms around my body and moved me closer to him. My head rested on his shoulder and after a couple of seconds I spoke once again.

"The next thing I remember is waking up in the middle of the woods with my parents after they had taken my harness off. They had been looking for me for over a month, eve though they had no clue I was still alive."

I chuckled escaped my lips as I swept the tears away from my face.

"We got back to the group, but everyone turned their backs on the whole family. They thought I was a freak and no one got near me or my family, not even Jeremy. After that, we start moving around until my parents were killed. You know the drill," I moved closer to Hal and continued, "The thing with Ben, while we were on the park a Skitter came close to us and both our spikes lit up. He talked about a rebellion, but we promised no to say anything about it."

"I'm sorry I ever thought you had cheated on me, you would never do anything like that," Hal whispered against my ear.

"I'm sorry I lied to you and I'm also sorry I'm a freak."

"Don't ever say that about the girl I love."

Wait, love?

Please vote and comment!