Chapter 32

10K! It's crazy! Thank you so much for reading this story. I really hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll be updating again on Monday. Thanks again for all the support! 

The cold breeze of air hit my body, making me hug Hal's jacket tighter against my body.  My blonde hair blew across my eyes, making it harder to see where we were going, but I soon tucked it behind my ear once again. 

After they took Karen inside, one of Colton's friend's mother came and asked if Colton could spend the day with them and I agreed. Not long after Colton left with his friend, Ben and I decided to go for a walk in which we talked about the rebellion, aliens, and mostly about Karen. 

Now, we were both walking towards the psych area, where they had Hal's ex-girlfriend locked in.

"Are you sure?" Ben asked me for the seventh time.

"Yes," I chuckled, "I won't try to kill Karen, I swear. I just want to see if she is alright."

"I hope she isn't..." Ben whispered.

Me too - I thought, but I simply nodded my head.

_______

Ben opened the door for me and we entered the uncomfortable room. Immediately, a weird sensation spread through my body. I couldn't explain how I felt, but I knew something was off.

Am I the only one feeling this?

I turned and looked at Ben, he was right beside me. He had the same expression I did, pure confusion and anger. I opened my mouth to ask him if he felt the same way, but he simply nodded his head and turned to the rest in the room. 

I did the same and took a look around, Karen was sitting on the bed while Hal was kneeling beside her and Anne, Tom, and Maggie stood around the bed. Hal was comforting her with his perfect smile as Karen smiled back at him. He didn't even saw me standing there beside his brother.

In that moment, I knew I shouldn't have come. Rage and suspicion filled my mind and clouded my judgement, I was ready to hit something... or someone.

"Don't talk to her, I told you we can't trust her," Ben said to everyone in the room.

I was ready to defend Ben, but I kept quiet in fear of saying something retarded because of my jealousy.  

"Karen, we have some questions and some concerns," Tom continued with their talk ignoring his son's comment.

"S-sure, I understand."

"The ones you were found with, the dead kids, where they on the ship with you?"

"I don't know, maybe. I can't remember."

"What do you remember?" Tom asked.

"Just that I was in the ship, in my pod and when I woke up I saw Hal's face," Karen smiled sweetly at Hal while he did the same. 

Fuck! I haven't said a single word to her, but I already hate her

"Why were you dis-hardness?" I blurt.

"I-I can only guess I had served my purpose," Karen looked at me and answered with an innocent look on her face.

Ha! Don't think so

I only nodded, but I could feel Hal's eyes on me.

"Who are you? By the way," Karen asked me.

"Name's Emily, nice to meet you," I faked a smile.

Karen nodded and talked once again, "Tom, I'm so sorry for all the things they made me do, I didn't want to hurt anyone. But I'm so glad to be back in the Second Mass with you and Hal, that's all I ever wanted."