Chapter 23

Sorry for not updating last Monday, it has been crazy! Hope you guys like this chapter and I think I'll be updating soon this week. Love you guys!

A pair of lips crashed against mine, talking me off guard. My hormones took control over me as I kissed back. My eyes were still closed, but I didn't need to open them to figure who was behind that passionate kiss. Those lips, that smell... I could recognize it anywhere.

The lips that were on top of mine seconds ago moved away and my first reaction was to open my eyes. As soon as I did I found him.

Hal was breathing quickly and so was I. My vision moved directly to his lips, swollen and curved into a smile.

What's wrong with me? I can't think of anything else apart from his lips and how much I want to kiss them. How couldn't I? Look at those pink lips! Ugg... I hate teenage hormones

I grabbed him by his shirt's neck, making him come closer to me.

Hal got into the bed and lay with me. He connects our lips once again as his warm tongue moves with mine, making the goosebumps appear on my skin like it always happened when we were together.

Hal backed away slightly, with almost no distance between our faces.

"Good morning, Em."

"Good morning," I said and placed my hand over his left cheek and traced my fingers through his old scar.

"Sorry I'm waking you, but it's actually pretty late."

I groaned and hit him with a pillow, "Colton had nightmares all night long and I didn't sleep," I placed the pillow over my face and threw myself into bed once again.

"Sorry to hear that, I thought he didn't have them anymore," Hal gently took the pillow from my face and kissed my forehead.

"He's having them less frequently, but he still does. I'm just thankful that Avery was sleeping in a friend's tent."

"I'm sorry I wasn't here to help you. Talking about Colton, where is he? Did you lost him?" Hal asked with a laugh.

"No!" I laughed with him and hit his arm playfully. "He wanted to eat breakfast and I was exhausted, so Lourdes volunteered to take him."

"Oh. I have good news, we found a way to pass through the bridge."

"That's great! How's Tom doing?"

"He was fine back there, but I need to talk to him so I'll let you know," Hal got up.

"No, let's stay here a while longer," I pleased.

"I really can't, we need to get going as soon as possible," Hal took my hand and helped me stood up.

"Okay, I'll be wondering around if you need me."

Hal chuckled and hold my chin up. Without a second doubt, he pressed his lips against mine. His lips moved slow, but in perfect synchrony with mine. It was a sweet kiss, those which you wish never end.

I moved away, knowing that if I didn't one thing would lead to another. I wasn't thinking straight and I knew that I would regret it if I kept going.

"Bye, Em," Hal smiled and exit the tent I had been sharing with my siblings for the last two and a half months.

I turned and looked at my surroundings. Two empty beds beside mine, cloth all around and a couple of old toys on the ground. My feet began to move around the mess. I grabbed a plain shirt, jacket and jeans, and put them on. I got a couple things ready and went out.

________

The sunlight warmed my body as I walked around the place.

Abruptly, someone bumped into me.

"Sorry..." Anne said and kept running towards the bus, no acknowledging it was me.

Wait, what's wrong? Someone's hurt?

I followed her from far behind until someone caught my attention.

Hal was sitting on a chair outside the bus. His hands were over his head and his eyes were closed.

My feet began to move faster, something serious had happened.

"Hal..." I said as I got closer to where he was sitting.

"Go," Hal answered, not moving.

"What?"

"He needs you," Hal's face moved up making our eyes meet.

His eyes were getting watery and his voice was weak.

I nodded and moved inside the bus. Tom was laying on the gurney while Lourdes and Anne checking his eye.

"Need me here?"

"Emily, I think it's better if you stay with the boys. They have been through a lot and it would be great if you could be there for them," Anne told me.

I nodded and got back down. As I stepped on the ground, Weaver started going up to the bus.

I walked once again towards Hal, the only difference was that Matt was by his side.

"Hey champ," I said to Matt.

"Hi, Emily. How's my dad?"

"They're doing everything they can."

"I know."

"They told me they didn't need me, I guess it's nothing serious," I told Hal in a whisper.

Hal only nodded, not talking back at me.

"Mind if we share chair?" I asked Matt.

"Nope," He simply answered.

I sat down and waited with them for any new news about Tom.

After a half an hour, Weaver got down the bus.

"You can see your old man now," Weaver told Matt.

"I don't wanna," He stood up and started walking away.

"What do you mean you don't wanna?" Hal tried to take his arm, but Matt was faster and moved away.

"I don't wanna!" Matt screamed and left running.

"I'll go," I said and went after him.

Matt was very fast and it's wasn't easy to keep up with him.

"Matt!"

"Leave me alone!"

He kept running.

"Matt!"

It's best if I let him go and cool down - I thought.

I decided to turn around and go to the bus once again. I needed to make sure Tom was okay.

I could see Pope talking with Hal and Weaver. The wisest thing I could do was stand next to Hal, and that was what I planned to do.

As I was walking by Pope, he mumbled something and took me by the arm. I could feel my arm burning because of Pope's tight grip.

Within seconds, his arm was around my neck and his other hand was pointing my head with a gun. It became harder and harder to breath as I gasped for air.

I closed my eyes the hardest I could. My heartbeat increased and I could feel the anxiety accumulating on my body.

I am not ready for die

Please vote and comment! It's great to know what you think about the story and what would you like to know / what would you want to happen in the story. Thanks for all the support!