Chapter 1- The Envelope

Oh how arrogant, and how the minds of said man can be filled with such stupidity. You are probably wondering who and what i am talking about. This is the story of the most dreadful thing he did, my husband, His name was Dean, oh how his true colours managed to shine through, marrying a man is like trying to walk on water, you'll always loose your balance. But never mind, because you can walk on the deck, if you make it out the water, Which is what i couldn't do.

It's a bright and early summer morning, i can just hear the birds whistle and cheep, i stand up from my bed and walk to the window beside my drawers. As i open the curtains i am instantly met with a large ray of sunlight, today is going to be the day, the day i try to find love. My dramatic mother was going to set me up to marry. Besides, i didn't know who this man even was, all i knew was he had a stubble beard, a sharp jawline and waves of brunette hair slicked back behind his head. My mother told me he had quite the charm.

"Mary - Anne!" i hear my mother shout, but oh my, the anguish i felt, i tell my stupid mother everyday that Mary is just fine, my middle name is irrelevant and irritating. I rush down the stairs and see my mother leant against the kitchen counter with an envelope in her hand.

"Mother?"  "What is that?" I ask pausing in-between words. "This honey, is the key to your only future" she says with the most powerful grin. "What is it exactly?" I intriguingly ask leaning beside her. "This is the wedding, it's more of a direction, we didn't know where it was until now" She says handing me the envelope. I pause to look at her with a small look of confusion, followed by a sigh. I open the envelope and pull out a piece of paper. "Go on Mary - Anne, read it out".

"Dear Mary Anne Porter, i come in excitement to write you that, your wedding with Mr Dean Pullman will be held, In North London, Moven Street, In the local church, followed by an after celebration at the pub. Hope you can make it, will be a time to remember, yours sincerely Mr Smith, (Wedding Director)."

"Oh my world, i'm so happy for you honey!" my mum says, i look at her with a frown and wait for her to say this is all a joke, it looked like clear as day sarcasm. "Happy? oh please mother, i'm about to marry a complete stranger, i didn't even know his last name till now!" "Excuse your words Mary Anne, Dean is a very charming fellow, he's the son of a very rich man" She say's possibly flattering herself that this is best case scenario. "Mother, i don't care about money, i want real love" i say putting the piece of paper back inside of the envelope.

"You will have both honey, just give this a go will you?" my Mother says, "Oh fine, only because it's a traditional event" I add with a smirk. I still wasn't entirely sure about this, he could be a real jerk, his dad has money so chances are he could be a spoilt little brat with the dumbest face. Maybe i am judging him a little much, we will find out soon enough.