Chapter13- Its War

"Pullman." "Yes Sargent" I say making an appropriate stance, to make sure my appearance was respectful. "We got a mission, i take you, Francis, Tommy and Craig, come with me, all of you" "SIR YES SIR!" I shout as directed to do. I glance at Francis for a moment, i'm confusion of what we were going to be getting ourselves into.

A part of me still thinks about what i left back at home, how i left my Father, my sisters, my job. Mary Anne most of all, and my son Oliver. Now isn't the time to reminisce, it's the time to defend my country, to take true responsibility for the mission. I follow my Sargent along the pathway to the fighter jets.

He hands us all armoury, and gear. I assemble myself together, and board the helicopter to go to our destination. We eventually arrive at a forrest. Covered by heaps of trees higher than cliffs. "So men, the aim is, to get to the middle of the forest, and get to the cottage and rescue our president. The man in there is dangerous, and has multiple weapons, we need 2 of you through the front, rest in the back, i'll guide you through it with the comms.

"Yes sir" we all respond. We land the helicopter around 7 minutes away from the cottage, before stepping off, we dress in camouflaged gear, assembling ammo boxes to our waist. We begin moving forward in length. We get to the cottage and i crouch down beside the porch, me and Francis have our backs to the front door, leaning to the side, checking through windows.

*Lads, can you hear me?* Sargent says through the comms. "Yes sir." We say back through the devices we were given. *Perfect, now when i say go, Pullman, Francis, you to burst through the door and hold your weapons against him, the others, burst through the back door so he's outnumbered* "Yes sir" *Okay, 3..2..1.. GO GO GO!"

I burst the door open, and it flies from its hinges, i see the man stood with a carving knife in his hand and our female president sat in a chair, with her hands and feet tied down with a strap of duck tape to her mouth. "GET ON THE GROUND RIGHT FUCKING NOW!" Francis yells. I think he's forgetting we ain't the damn police.

The man stares at both me and Francis, he slowly begins to take steps towards us. "Sir, put the knife down and let the woman go!" He says holding his weapon higher to his face as he gets closer. The man doesn't say a word, he just stares at us, making constant eye contact and getting closer with every single step.

He raises his right hand which holds the knife, and chargers a throw back. Before he could launch the knife. Tom and Craig burst through and shoot him in the back of the skull. *YOU LADS ALRIGHT DOWN THERE!?* Sargent says through comms. "Yeah sir, we got him, he's dead, we need to get the president and get out of here"  Craig says untying the woman from the chair and leading her back out the forest to get to the helicopter.

We speed over to the helicopter, and make sure she gets inside first. "Good job fellas, made me proud today, you saved our president. You saved everyone. You prevented further harm. You all should be proud of yourself!" Sargent says. "Thank-you sir, we were in and out no problem, he didn't see Craig and Tommy come in" "He's a dumb ass" Tommy adds "You all did good today, we don't have another mission till next year, you can all go home to your family's now"

Family's. Great. How am i supposed to have a family, my father is highly frustrated by me leaving. Mary Anne's birth was due yesterday, i could have a son at home waiting for his daddy. But i had to go screw it all up. I have no family