Chapter7- Hidden Truth

It seemed to Mary like she had talked in love with this man. He's not all positively romantic, however he has his moments where he is the nicest he could be. Mary goes back to Deans house to wait for him till after he had came back from the work.
He has been working extra hours recently.
She arrives at his house and knocks on the door.

Deans father answers and offers for her to come in. She is there for a good hour. She goes upstairs to his room and sees loads of bags under his bed. She inspects this and finds bags on bags of contraband, and cocaine. She gasped throwing it all back away from her. She covers her mouth and tries not to scream. Where she was raised, and the household she was raised in. Illegal drugs were completely unacceptable.

She rushed downstairs and into the living room. Keeping herself from telling his father. His father came through from the kitchen. "Hey i just called Dean, he won't be back till later, he's working the night shift, but you're um welcome to stay" He says with a soft smile. Dean? on night shifts? that's oddly strange. He hates working. He's been working a lot recently.

"I think i'll just go back to my mothers" i say with a smile. I walk out the door, only i am haunted by what i had just saw. Maybe that's why he's working late, maybe that's what he needs the cash for. It's absurd! how dare he do this behind my back. I just wonder how long this shopping spree has been going on for!

I arrive back at my mothers and it's seems as though she's sleeping on the couch. I place a blanket on her and switch off the lights as i head up to my bedroom. I strip off my clothes and get changed into my sleep wear. I'll call Dean in the morning, it's Sunday tomorrow...he doesn't work on Sundays.

I wake up and go straight to the kitchen to call Dean. As his number dials, i take a short sip of my coffee made kindly by my mother. "Hello?" Dean says through the phone. "Hello, you seemed to had worked late last night?" i say. "yeah i took some extra shifts, i'm not working tonight so we can do something" he says coming off as happy.

"Yeah that's fine, but we need to talk when i get there, a lot to talk about" i say, knowing what i had found in his bedroom. "what?" he says, but i put the phone down before i could respond to him. Besides, it's not like i was snooping, it was very noticeable.