Chapter22- What A Dreadful Deed

These past few years of knowing Mary, i was deep down the happiest. I was in love, i didn't know it then, but i know it now. I am broken in pieces by what i have caused, I never knew my disappearance would leave her to suicide. She must have loved me greatly. I never even got to meet my son. She couldn't do it by herself so he had been taken away.

This is all my fault, if i had only just stayed. We could've had the best family, full of love, trust, comfort and passion. I've never had a flare for kindness but now she's gone, i feel the instant need to throw this rude personality and whatever other bullshit i've been taught growing up out the window. I just miss her.

Love should never fail, if you both want it it will work. At least it would have if i had stayed by her side. Everything reminds me of her. The brown trees, and the brown muddy ground where grass has been teared. I love her, though i have failed her.
I've never seen anyone else like i see her, she's beyond beautiful, she's like the brightest star in the darkest night. The one dandelion in the middle of a field.

She was one of a kind, but i ruined it. I made a terrible mistake, many mistakes actually. I stood her up for a date, i got drunk at our wedding. I commented about her appearance and her father. I bought her a car and ran out on her. I ignored her phone calls and messages and even her hand written letters she'd always send.
Most of all i wasn't there. I caused her death...

What a dreadful deed.