Chapter3- Celebrating

As we all walk out the church and into the after celebration reception. I notice a familiar face, glowing green eyes like me, round face like me, it can't be. "Mary Anne?" The man says "Father!?" i burst out in tears as i run up to him greeting him with the biggest hug ever. "Father, you're here?" I say sniffling and holding back more floods of tears. "The parents always get given a letter, i got the same one you and your mother did" he says with both his hands in his pockets, standing awkwardly with his head down. "Mary Anne- John!?" I hear my mum shout a few meters behind me.

"Look i know you two have a lot to say to each other but-" "Yeah right i do, your nothin but a jerk John, you shouldn't be anywhere near this family" I am instantly interrupted by my mother. "I should go-" "No father, you stay, that is your problem, you keep going." "Because i told him too" i hear my mother whisper. "Excuse me mother?" "He was drunk one night when you were 6, he got back from the pub and he wasn't alone, he was with 2 other women so i told him to leave, we never saw him again" She says almost holding back tears.

"Dad? is this true?" i ask him "Look honey.." I storm off away from him and hook onto Deans arm, he and i walk into the pub ordering glasses of whiskey and Vodka. Whiskey was a big part of my family, i had never tried it, it seemed like Dean knew a lot about it though, so i know quite large about him now, he's a brick layer, a drinker, a rude and mocking person but he's different around me, and that doesn't mean he's better because he's worse.

He doesn't even talk to me, and when he does it's a rude and awful comment about my appearance or my back story and my family. He's constantly pointing out what happened with my father back at the reception, i try to ignore him but he's adamant on being interested. It's personal and i find it extremely rude to try to worm his way into my personal buisness. He is a heavy drinker and has already had 4 glasses of whisky and we've been here 15 minutes, he's a smoker too, i bet his lungs are going to give way soon. I've never known someone to be so arrogant and stupid. This was a bad idea, i told my mother i didn't want to marry this man.

I feel very misunderstood and ignored, i don't want to stay with this mockingly rude person. He is by far the rudest person i have ever seen with my eye. I don't know wether his awfully hurtful comments are said uncontrollably or not but either way he should handle himself from bad mouthing his wife! He's down to his 7th glass of Whiskey now, he can't even stand up, he's wobbling and shaking around the bar stool trying to get his phone from his pocket.

Everybody is partying and having fun but i haven't seen my mother or father in a while, i don't think they made it to the celebration party. Well i haven't even had fun, i'm on my first drink with an awful cold, a rude and wasted drunk husband, and a blister on my left heel. To be quite honest i just want to go home but my mother had to be a witch and book me and Dean a hotel from round the block, i want to be home with my dog, not here. How come everybody is having fun at my wedding day but me. How frustrating!