Chapter19- Im Coming Home

The mission is done. The city is saved.
We are now to go home to our families, after coming back from a long trip.
The first person i would like to visit is Mary.
Im sure she's shattered, she had no apology, not even near sincere. The last thing that i had left her was a car, but what i should've left her was me, being there with her.

Time heals, this time apart, made me realise that i shouldn't take her for granted
because i've fallen in love. Not everyone does, so i'm lucky to experience having a strong other half of my soul to guide me through the ruins of the world. I get off my train and immediately go to Mary's house.
I arrive and knock on the door holding flowers in my hand to give to Mary.

Nobody answers but i see that the door is unlocked, but i can hear screams coming from inside the house. I open the front door and hear it from upstairs, it's her mothers voice. I dash upstairs dropping the flowers on the floor. When i get up to Mary's room, I am in shock, my heart breaks for the millisecond i breathe. I see her mother holding her on the floor. As her body doesn't move.

I kneel down beside her, and touch her face. She's cold, there's nothing there.
Her mother cries floods of bitter tears. I comfort her mother with a hug but she rejects it. Pushing me away. "YOU DID THIS TO OUR DAUGHTER! YOU LEFT! YOU MADE HER BREAK!" She shouts at me. I stutter to talk as i am too in shock by the devastation of what had just appeared before me. "GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR HOME!" She screams. I rush down stairs, with flood of tears shedding from my lower eyelids.

The walk home was horrible, i was sobbing terribly in public streets. Knowing that that was the last time i'd ever see her pretty face again. Knowing that i could never book another hotel with her again. Or surprise her again. Knowing she wouldn't be on the end of the line when i call her phone. My heart was ripped up. Scattered pieces that i could not pick up.
Did she really do this because of me?
Did i hurt her to the point of suicide?

I need to pull myself together, because either way i will be attending her funeral, that is the girl i love. That woman was my soulmate and i had ruined every remaining piece of what we had. My mocking and rude ways, every bad comment i made about her. The guilt flows through my head. I can not see light, there are dark bubbles around me. Im broken.
But I was coming home, to you?