Chapter6- True Colours

It's the next day and i'm awoken to a light knock on the front door, i shoot up out of bed and behind the door is Dean. I welcome him inside with offerings of any cold or hot beverage. He sweetly declined but wanted to take me out for a meal tonight. I obviously agreed to this, kind of like a date he's planning here. Dean smiles, kisses my forehead gently and leaves. Maybe Dean isn't so bad, maybe he just sometimes has a hard time showing how lovely he is and can be. Or maybe he's plotting his next evil comment against my appearance.

I try not to judge and just get ready for the following night out, it's around 4:53PM, and i'm almost ready to head out, i'm so excited and ready to see what Deans true colours are really like. I call the taxi and go to the expected restaurant. I step outside of the taxi and am instantly amazed with how beautiful and mature this restaurant looked, maybe too mature for Dean, Dean has the smallest amount of intelligence in his puny self then a 3year old child.

The restaurant looks fancy, it's wrapped in a car park with not so many cars in, it's a red place called Smiths Luxury, with white bright lights all around, and billboards stood out front with much advertisements on how delicious the food had looked. I walk inside, passing people with very suitable attires, Navy suits or Jeans. Nothing a road type would wear. This restaurant is perfect for my personality, it's beautiful. Wait. Dean said 7:45. it's 8:12? Has he stood me up? Let me dial his number and give him a call, maybe he's just running a bit late

*Dean (husband)x* Dialling...
"Hello?" "Dean? where are you, it's been almost 30 minutes?" "Oh shoot i completely forgot about our date
tonight, sorry Mary Anne, maybe another night" I can feel the anger in my veins as i put the phone down on him. I had just been stood up to my very first "date". And he called me Mary Anne! I am getting really frustrated with people using my middle name it's so annoying!

Dean is nothing like how my mother first made him out to be, he's selfish in so many ways, i don't even want to be married to him, but i promised my mother i'd at least try. I can't be a quitter, i hardly know him enough to just bail on him. That's mainly the problem too, i hardly know him, that's making it hard, we hardly know each other because he will never talk to me, when he does it's always snarky comments or rudeness.

He showed his true colours for definite tonight. I thought he was actually going to take me on this day and be a better person and actually want to get to know me but no, he's the same old Dean that i first got married to, it's been 5 days of marriage and he doesn't know one thing about me yet, but i don't want to leave him, no matter how rude he is, he's my husband i'll never walk out on him. He just needs fixing in some aspects.