TAA 04: Earthlander

CHAPTER 4: EARTHLANDER

FABBY | FABIENNE

"Aw!"

I cursed the moment my consciousness came back to reality. Bigla akong nahulog sa higaan sa hindi ko malaman na dahilan. I must have a weird dream, and now I clearly don't remember what it was.

I was holding my head as I slowly stood from the ground. Sa sobrang sakit ng impak, parang nabali ata lahat ng buto ko sa katawan- quiet exaggerating but it feels like it. Masyado pa naman akong praning talaga.

As I opened my eyes, my eyebrows crossed upon realizing where I was. Nasa loob ako ng isang malaking silid, at dahil sa sikat ng araw mula sa babasagin na bintana, nagiging makintab ang mga gamit.

This room is very extra, even the walls were adorned with intricate designs, the floor mat felt like the skin of a real animal, and the king-size bed wrapped in expensive sheets makes me think the owner is filthy rich!

"What the freak, am I in a castle?" I said as I roamed my eyes around. Everything is in a silver and gold palette. The accent walls were adorned with gold color lamps, and a gold chandelier hangs in the middle of the ceiling. Napakunot ang noo ko dahil sa disenyo ng kisame. It looks like it's telling a story.

"Castles are old houses, you don't wish to sleep in a chamber, fearing it might collapse any moment, would you?"

I heard a voice from behind, it was oddly familiar. Dahan-dahan akong lumingon sa kanya at agad napamaang nang makilala ko kung sino ang nagmamay-ari nito. Damn, si pogi.

"I...I didn't know," I said as I tucked a loose strand of my hair back on my ear. I feel uneasy with his stare, it makes me feel like I'm being roasted in his mind. "Why am I here?" I asked seriously.

"We can't travel at night because road blockers might try to attack and rob us. I don't want the same thing to happen again," he said. He moved and went straight to a single cushioned chair and picked a cup of tea. "Fill your stomach with food so you'll have energy to travel today," he said as his movement gestured towards the table that was full of cuisines.

I blinked, hesitation filling my gut. I don't really adhere to any food offering unless I know the cook personally. I have a habit of risking my health to my never ending allergies. But, I'm not in my body, right? Hindi naman siguro picky ang katawan ng totoong Fabienne.

I slowly approach the table, beaming a bit of hostility. I put my hands behind my back and looked at him seriously. "Um. You are Lord Callaghan, are you?" I asked politely.

Binababa niya ang tasa bago tumingin sa akin. His eyes showered confusion but he didn't ask his concern. He simply looked at me for about a minute and half before he decided to break the ice.

"Zegordians call me Lord Zaryn Markenzel Callaghan, the second son of Prince Douglas Callaghan," he introduced himself. He sounded polite and eloquent. But I could feel a hint of hostility in his speech. "I am guessing you already know who you truly are, because that would save me from wasting my energy undergoing the entire Monarch," he continued.

"Ah, right, I...I know who I am," I said. Why did I stutter? Because his voice was scary. Napakamot pa ako sa aking leeg dahil naiilang ako sa titig niya. "Excuse me, Lord Callaghan. Do you always talk like that?" I asked despite the idea of me getting roasted verbally.

"Talk like what?" he asked.

"Like you don't give a fuck about the person you are conversing with- please don't get that hold against me, I was curious," I replied.

"I truly don't give a fuck about you with all honesty," he replied instantly that made my jaw dropped. There wasn't even a hint of denial. He must have noticed my reaction and so, the side of his lips raised. "You don't like how I talk?" he asked, but instead of getting curious, he looked like he was having fun.