TAA 14: Free Will

CHAPTER 14: FREE WILL

FABBY | FABIENNE

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a new place. The room exuded an air of comfort, a cozy blanket enveloping me on a bed that felt both unfamiliar and luxurious. Confusion clouded my thoughts as I tried to piece together how I arrived in this mysterious place.

Sunlight streamed through elegant glass windows, revealing a breathtaking view of towering trees outside. The room hinted at opulence, suggesting I might be inside the residence of a person of wealth and affluence. Yet, the exact location and the circumstances that led me here remained elusive, leaving me with a sense of both curiosity and unease.

My gaze shifted to the side as the door swung open, revealing a woman of elegance and beauty carrying a tray. She closed the door with a deliberate motion, at nang tumingin siya sa gawi ko ay agad sumilay ang magandang ngiti sa kanyang mga labi.

“I am glad that you're awake,” her voice, gentle and calming, matched the serenity in her eyes. Her auburn hair, intricately braided and adorned with a crown of diamonds, framed her alluring face.

She began to approach me with grace, placed the tray beside me and handed me a glass of water. Though hesitation lingered in my system, the reassurance in her gaze quelled any sense of danger.

“Am I in the palace, your majesty?” I inquired after taking a sip of water to moisten my throat.

I couldn't deny the uncanny resemblance between us. Our auburn hair, a trademark of the Duexeviz family, made it clear that we shared the same bloodline. There was only one person, apart from myself, who had left Henia to journey towards Huin.

She smiled, a queenly presence emanating from her every movement. "Indeed, you are in the palace, and you've been resting for days."

Napahinga ako ng malalim dahil sa kaginhawaan. However, questions started to crowd my mind, and I couldn't help but voice them. "What happened? Where is Zaryn—Lord Callaghan? Lavander and Winchester? Are they safe? Are we all safe?"

The queen's response was a serene smile as she gently touched my cheek. "Everyone is fine, my dear," she reassured me, her voice a soothing melody. "Worry not about them. Rest, regain your strength. All will be revealed in due time." Her words carried a comforting weight, and as she spoke, a sense of calm settled over me, trusting in the queen's assurance that our safety was intact.

“Are you not angry with me for living in the body of your niece?” biglang tanong ko. Masyado siyang mabait sa akin na parang hindi niya iniisip na ibang tao ang kaharap niya. She proposes no danger but pure gentleness.

Lagi ko iniisip na baka magalit siya o hindi kaya ay iiba ang pakikitungo ng reyna sa akin dahil hindi ako ang pamangkin niya. But the way she looked at me, it wasn't what I thought.

She shook her head. “The Gentry must have told you that I already know you're from Earth. I am not angry, Fabienne. In fact, I came to the same world as you.”

“Huh?” tanging nasabi ko na lamang. “P-paano…?”

The queen chuckled and let my cheeks go, then she held my hands and looked gently at me. “Generally, I was born in this world, then as a conductor, my body had to accept a contract with a Golden Iris, then I became the only advisor of the Kingdom after long years of having none. But, I died, and got reincarnated on Earth, I spent 20 years there, and died again. Then, I came back here, a few days after my first death and I fulfilled a duty to free the entire continent from a myriad of lovesickness.”

“Wow, that was confusing,” I said. Dahil sa sinabi ko ay bigla siyang napatawa. Shet, kahit ang pagtawa ay napaka-elegante. Lintik, hindi siya mukhang taga-lupa.