TAA 13: Guiding Light

CHAPTER 13: GUIDING LIGHT

FABBY | FABIENNE

As I positioned myself in the center, the forest seemed to hold its breath, creating an anticipatory hush. Zaryn, seated on the dry ground in a serene lotus position, cradled the zither in his lap. The forest, with its towering trees and dancing leaves, served as a silent audience to our unfolding moment.

Parang gusto rin makiusisa ang gubat sa kung ano ang mangyayari. Para bang may buhay talaga ang kagubatan at nakikita nila kami ngayon. It makes me feel so blessed and eases my nervousness. Nakatingin kasi si Zaryn ng mataman sa akin kaya nahihiya ako.

With a gentle nod from Zaryn, the first note resonated from the zither, and I felt the vibrations weave through the air. The melody wrapped around me, inviting movement from my hesitant limbs. As I began to sway, the forest responded in kind, rustling leaves harmonizing with the enchanting tune.

Zaryn's fingers danced on the strings, creating a melody that echoed the emotions hidden within the forest's depths. Every note seemed to narrate a story, a tale of the magical realm we found ourselves in. The more I moved, the more the surroundings came alive, as if the very essence of the forest responded to the dance.

I learned ballet when I was a kid, and I stopped performing when I went to college. Gusto ko kasi mag-focus sa ibang aspeto ng buhay ko, mag-excel sa ibang larangan at magkaroon ng panibangong pangarap.

I did not say I cannot find my future in theater arts. Matagal ko na kasing nararamdaman na parang may kailangan akong gawin sa buhay ko, na kailangan may abotin ako. That is the reason why I took Finance as a course. Bukod sa gusto ko maging Financial literate, gusto ko rin kasi mabuhay sa pera na ako ang nagtatrabaho.

I didn't leave dancing, I still dance every time I have free time. I am part of my school's theater club and I play some major roles. Madalang nga lang dahil hindi naman kasi malaki ang theater club namin. Tama-tama lang na hindi lapitin ng OSA para i-disqualified.

Zaryn and I’s eyes locked when I turned, understanding passing between us, and the zither continued to weave its spell. The vibrant energy of the forest resonated with each step, and emotions surged within me like a river. It was a dance not just with my body but with the very spirit of my past life, a connection forged through the magical cadence of the zither being played by him.

As the music grew intense, a surge of energy flowed through me. My movements became sharp, each step a declaration of the climax, the turning point, the denouement of the story. I didn't pause; instead, I poured my emotions into every hand movement, every twirl. The dance unfolded as a crescendo of passion, a dancer's fervor painting the air.

I felt like I needed this. Parang gumaan ang pakiramdam ko dahil wala akong iniisip, hinahayaan ko lamang ang sarili ko na gumalaw at hindi na kailangan pang isipin kung ano ang susunod. The dance became a vessel for expressing the depths of my emotions, and with every rhythmic heartbeat, I rediscovered a sense of self that had been overshadowed by the mysterious events unfolding.

As the zither's melody reached its peak, so did my dance. It was a cathartic release, a merging of soul and music, creating a moment that transcended the boundaries of reality. In that enchanted clearing, the forest bore witness to the transformation, and with the final notes, I felt a profound sense of being reborn.

“You dance beautifully,” Zaryn uttered after a long definitive silence. I can see admiration and truth in his eyes that made my cheeks warm.

“Huwag mo nga ako lokohin, hindi ka naman nakatingin sa sinasayaw ko kaya!” litanya ko sabay sapo sa aking mga pisngi. Partida, parang namumula ata ako.