TAA 29: Worst

CHAPTER 29: WORST

FABBY | FABIENNE

“I don’t understand,” I mumbled as I looked at Fate of Esher intently. She doesn’t emit an aura of a liar, but I cannot seem to believe her words. Ramdam ko ang pangangatal ng aking mga labi, habang dahan-dahan na tinuon ang atensyon sa kung saan nakatayo sina Lavander at Zaryn.

I looked through his eyes, and we shared the same emotion. We don’t understand what we just heard, nor how to comprehend what comes after knowing it. Halos habolin ko na ang hangin para lang makahinga, dahil sa pagsikip ng dibdib ko.

I looked through the eyes of Fate of Esher again. My savior who spilled a shocking revelation that disrupted me entirely. “I am the goddess of light, and Zaryn is Austin the Destroyer, the Dalaysian Beast who sought havoc in the divine realm– for what, because the Supreme Deity didn’t approve their union?” halos hindi ko maituwid ang tanong ko.

“Aside from that, Callaghan is not a Zegordian,” she said. She’s been levitating since she arrived, and the golden sword already disappeared, but there were golden rays around her, emitting a soft and calm aura. “He went to Zegordia to find his eldest sister, Zaryen Quinzel. His title as a gentry was bestowed by Queen Seisha of Zegordia to conceal his identity as the Prince of Ulez.”

“Prince of Ulez?” hindi makapaniwala na saad ko. Bumalik ang aking tingin sa direksyon nila Zaryn. His eyes were speaking something to me, but I never harnessed my mind reading ability just like his, and it seems like Lavander knew it too, because she didn’t even falter after hearing the truth.

“Why are you here, Fate of Esher?” Zaryn asked the deity.

Naguguluhan ako, na para akong tumatakbo paikot-ikot sa isang walang hanggan na lugar. I felt like I am in a labyrinth, unsure of the way, and getting insane of the things that overwhelms me. Kaya ba ibang-iba siya sa lahat, dahil sa una pa lang, hindi siya tagarito?
But, how come he became the host of Austin the Destroyer? Does that curse speech that was given to him have something to do with that Dalaysian Beast? Isa pa, if Austin is a beast from Emerald Forest, it means Zaryn has the ability of a conductor, like me? Bakit ang dami kong tanong? Bakit ako nalilito? At ni isa rito, wala akong maintindihan!

“I am here to take away the successor, she is needed in Emerald Forest,” walang bahid na emosyon na sagot ng dyosa. Bahagya akong napatingin sa kanya dahil sa narinig ko, at kahit gusto kong magsalita, nanatiling nakamaang ang aking mga labi.

“She’s not strong yet,” Zaryn insisted. “Your majesty, Fabienne is not ready to enter a war, please reconsider,” he begged towards the deity. He was badly injured but he tried to ask for reconsideration on behalf of me.

“Is this because of the love bond, Callaghan?” Fate of Esher said.

“Love bond?” lavender uttered, confusion and curiosity etched on her face as she looked towards my direction and on the person beside her.

“Partly, but Fabienne is not ready to rule an entire population of the Dalaysian Beast. She just started her training, she improves a lot but it is not enough against the Netherworld,” Zaryn persisted.

“I will make her ready, Callaghan. I am the deity of emotions, fate, and tribulations. Besides, Fabienne wants to defeat me, therefore I decided to train her how to defeat a deity properly,” Fate of Esher said. Her voice was calm but there was a hint of determination. The way her eyes narrowed makes us shiver down our spine. “Do not insist, Callaghan. It is actually better to separate you both, to not alarm the council of an impending chaos. You already know who you are, so don’t you think, this is selfishness?”