TAA 41: My Name

CHAPTER 41: MY NAME

FABBY | FABIENNE

As I ushered Zaryn, Winchester, and Lavander into the town, the warm façade of Emblem Circle shifted into an unspoken tension. The townsfolk, enchanted and wary, cast unwelcome glances at the newcomers. The air crackled with a palpable discomfort, born from a long history of mistrust toward outsiders.

Diversity among the arrivals was starkly evident, prompting exchanged glances among the townsfolk—a silent acknowledgment of the differences that set these outsiders apart. Unspoken thoughts hung in the air, a collective suspicion that these newcomers might be the missing people of Zegordia, lost to the realms for a quarter of a century.

Rather than addressing their beliefs head-on, I chose silence, allowing the weight of unspoken truths to settle. As we navigated the narrow streets, the gaze of the townsfolk bore into us, their expressions revealing a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

Internally, I grappled with the passage of time. It had been 25 years in Zegordia, an inconceivable duration since the disappearance of these individuals. The weight of this revelation pressed upon me, and though I attempted to suppress my worry, it clung to my thoughts like an insistent shadow.

The town's secrets whispered through the cobblestone streets, leaving me to navigate the delicate balance between the present and the uncharted depths of the past. Bumabagsak ang balikat ko tuwing umaabot ako sa punto na sa sobrang tagal na pala nilang nawawala, baka nawalan na ng pag-asa ang mga naghahanap.

As we moved through the town, the unspoken tension amplified, and the townsfolk's stares intensified. Zaryn, ever perceptive, noticed the scrutiny and raised an eyebrow. "Feels like we're the center of attention," he remarked with a wry smile.

Winchester, catching onto the undercurrents, nodded. "These people seem to recognize us, or at least, recognize something about us."

Lavander, normally cheerful, observed the wary glances. "Must be because we are born with noble blood, and they are just commoners?"

Lavander’s comment made me look at her. Binigyan ko siya ng isang matalim na tingin at agad siyang napalunok. Siguro dahil sa takot o ayaw niya lang makaaway ang isang goddess of light na katulad ko.

The townsfolk, their expressions guarded, kept a cautious distance. A brave soul stepped forward, addressing me with skepticism. "Who are they, and what brings them here?"

I took a breath, feeling the weight of my words. "They are allies, they will not mean harm to the people of Emblem Circle."

The townsfolk exchanged uneasy glances, the specter of a 25-year absence lingering like a ghost. The one who had spoken eyed Zaryn with suspicion. "You bear a resemblance to those who tried to attack our town."

Napamaang ako, at sila Zaryn rin. Does they have the memories of the real people of this town? Is Emblem Circle a place full of people and not a product of augmentation? Ngayon ko lang nalaman ito.

Zaryn's voice, measured and composed, cut through the unease. "Appearances can be deceiving, but we mean no harm. We're here to unravel mysteries, not create them."

Hindi na namin pinansin ang mga tingin at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. The air hung heavy with unresolved tension, and as we navigated further into the town, the weight of the past pressed upon us, intertwining destinies in ways none of us could have foreseen.

We entered the inn where I was staying, the wooden door creaked behind us, shutting out the curious gazes of the townsfolk. The innkeeper, a weathered figure with kind eyes, welcomed us with a nod. "Back again, Lady Fabienne? And with company, it seems."