TAA 25: Until

CHAPTER 25: UNTIL

OMNISCIENT

The moon hung low over Narta, a silent witness to the city's clandestine activities. Its soft glow, reminiscent of molten silver, spilled over the cobblestone streets and narrow alleyways, creating a mosaic of shadows that danced with secrets. The night embraced the city in an air of mystery, veiling the illicit dealings that pulsed beneath its surface.

As Zaryn and Winchester moved with the fluidity of shadows, the moon's luminescence accentuated the edges of their figures. It painted a delicate chiaroscuro on the walls, revealing the contours of hidden doorways and obscured entry points. The duo navigated through the intricate network of alleys, their footsteps muffled by the rhythmic cadence of the nocturnal symphony.

The city's pulse beat in tandem with the furtive activities taking place. The distant sounds of muted conversations and the faint clanking of chains reverberated through the night, a haunting melody that underscored the gravity of the shadows they pursued. Each corner held whispers of the unspeakable, and the moon, like a silent conspirator, bestowed its silver blessing upon the clandestine city.

In this otherworldly illumination, Narta revealed its dual nature—a city of opulence and depravity, where the moon's ethereal glow refracted off the polished facades of the privileged and seeped into the forgotten recesses where injustice thrived. The moon, an impartial observer, bathed the city in its celestial luminescence, casting a shroud of secrecy over the unfolding tale of justice in the heart of the night.

When they arrived in Narta, a report came into the office of the gentry. With that, he has no choice but to move instead of resting. Zaryn and Winchester, shadows among shadows, stealthily tracked the whispers of an illegal auction. The night air was thick with the stench of oppression, guiding them through a labyrinth of dark alleyways.

"Keep your distance, Winchester. We don't want to tip them off," Zaryn said with a serious voice as his eyes roamed around, spotting guards disguised as commoners.

The distant sounds of muted conversations and clinking chains painted a grim picture of the nefarious trade they sought to unveil. As they observed from the shadows, Zaryn's sharp eyes surveyed the scene, capturing the essence of the malevolence that lurked within.

Silhouetted figures moved like specters, dealing in the lives of the vulnerable. The gravity of the situation weighed on Zaryn's shoulders, kindling a fiery resolve against the inhumanity unfolding before them.

"This place reeks of cruelty. Hindi ba natin ito pipigilan?" tanong ni Winchester habang mahigpit na hinahawakan ang espada sa kanyang kanang kamay. He is furious as the bids go high.

“We are here to observe,” Zaryn said, still having a serious voice. “I cannot sense these slaves were the missing people, but there are still others inside the storage, waiting to be sold like a mere toy.”

“What the fuck is these people,” Winchester cursed.

Amidst the clandestine dealings, Zaryn's heightened senses detected an anomaly—a presence that eluded the shadows. With a nod to Winchester, he slipped away, navigating through the alleys like a wraith. In the back alley, anticipation thickened the air as the unsettling presence drew nearer. As Zaryn moved deeper into the shadows, the tranquility shattered. Five assailants, masked and cloaked in black, materialized, launching a surprise attack.

The moon bore witness to their struggle, casting an ethereal glow on the unfolding tale of justice in the heart of the night. The assailants, shrouded in darkness and united by a common goal, moved with predatory precision, their eyes fixated on Zaryn's perceived vulnerability. The air crackled with tension as they closed in, weapons poised to strike.