TAA 22: Treasure Hall

CHAPTER 21: TREASURE HALL

FABBY | FABIENNE

“TEKA LANG!”

Halos umalingaw-ngaw ang sigaw ko sa buong hardin, may nagsiliparan pa na mga itim na ibon dahil sa boses ko. Dahils sa umuusbong kong inis, gising na gising na tuloy ang diwa ko. Malalaki pa ang aking mga mata at tinitingnan ang paligid. Ako lang mag-isa pero dalawang boses ang naririnig ko.

“Sino ba kayo?!” litanya ko muli. My eyes were roaming around but I couldn’t spot a figure of any person aside from my own. Wala rin akong nakikitang anina, pero ramdam na ramdam ko na may presensya sa paligid.

“Your Majesty, I am Trinity of Riverdale. Fate of Esher visited me personally in the Water Mountain to ask my assistance in aiding you towards protecting Emerald Forest,” the woman said. I looked through the direction where I heard her voice, but it was only the pond I saw.

“Fate of Esher sent you?” I asked. I am so confused at what I just heard. Parang may kulang sa impormasyon na alam ko. “I don’t understand, why would Fate of Esher wish for your assistance in Emerald Forest? Can you enlighten me?”

“Because I owe Emerald Forest a favor after they saved Riverdale from drought. It was the first time in the history of Dalaysia that water was scarce, and the butterfly Queen Vanissa gave us a rare gem to attract water sources,” she explained.

“If it is the Queen who helped you, shouldn't you be helping here and not coming here?” I asked. May nararamdaman akong kakaiba pero isa walang bahala ko ito. I don’t like what I am feeling but I have to keep a tight expression.

“She does not know? What kind of successor is she, that she is not aware of what is happening to her own realm?!” the man exclaimed. I can totally feel his furiosity, despite the absence of a figure.

“Oliver, it is not time,” Trinity said.

“What is happening to the Emerald Forest?” I said with a breath of urgency. “Enlighten me please, I have been staying here for a month and yet the problem goes heavy and beyond my expectations. Tell me what is happening!”

“The butterfly queen is missing,” Oliver replied to my query, but his answer made me even more confused. “Her physical body was destroyed from the last attack between the Netherworld. She returned to her original physique as a butterfly to recuperate, but she vanished through the fog one night.”

“A fog…” I mumbled.

“You don’t need to worry much, your majesty. We are overseeing the Forest on behalf of you, we will await your ascension as the next ruler, and protect the forest from the wrath of the Netherworld,” Trinity said. Her voice was filled with assurance, but it seems like I need more than that.

“You keep calling me your majesty,” I uttered, my palms crawling into a fist as I felt the surge of emotion inside me. “Everyone gave me a role to commit to, even though I didn’t accept them wholeheartedly. I am forced, but I cannot disapprove either, because I am the forest’s only hope.”

“We apologize if your ascension bears sacrifices,” Trinity said.

“I know, I want to ascend to that throne with my own blood and sweat, so don’t call me your majesty yet, for I didn’t have the rights to own that. The butterfly queen is alive, she is still Emerald Forest’s current ruler.” My voice was resolute, and determined. Ramdam ko sa aking sistema na buhay pa ang tagapangalaga ng Emerald Forest. If what Oliver said was true, then that fog might not be a coincidence.

“At least she knows where she’s currently standing,” the man said. Bakas sa boses niya na hindi niya ako gusto. Kahit hindi ko siya nakikita, ramdam ko ang mga titig niyang parang gusto niya akong puksain, kung hindi lang dumating ang babae.