TAA 44: My Destiny

CHAPTER 44: MY DESTINY

FABBY | FABIENNE

The chaos outside echoed the tumult within me as I finally shattered the ethereal cage that had confined me. The sounds of destruction reverberated through the town, and I emerged into the aftermath of Zaryn's orchestrated chaos. Determination fueled my every step as I sought to confront the consequences of his actions.

Hindi siya nadadala sa pakiusap kaya't mapipilitan akong makipagtuos sa kanya. Kulang lang sa bagok ang loko kaya 'yon ang gagawin ko. If he continues this madness, then my next move will sever our relationship, for I will protect this town as the goddess of light.

I navigated through the debris-strewn streets, the remnants of a once-tranquil town now a testament to the clash of destinies and the sacrifices made. The survivors, still reeling from the inexplicable assault, looked at me with a mix of fear and uncertainty.

I approached the heart of the turmoil- the center plaza which was once vibrant from the sounds of children laughing and the smiles of the townsfolk, but now faces peril upon the relentless pursuit of the ascension of Austin. I could feel the lingering traces of Zaryn's energy. He had left a trail of devastation, and the weight of betrayal bore down on me. My thoughts raced, grappling with the reality that the person I had trusted had become the architect of such destruction.

Paano ko ba siya mapipigilan sa gusto niyang gawin? What should I do to make him realize that this is not what should happen? We are repeating history, we are sacrificing lives of innocent souls. This is madness, this is cruelty, and this is not to be seen as an only option. Kailangan niyang magising, kailangan niyang matoto.

The town plaza was now a battleground, with remnants of the wild animals scattered across the area. The survivors huddled together, seeking solace in the midst of the chaos. I scanned the surroundings, searching for any sign of the gentry.

Then, I saw him at a distance, his silhouette against the backdrop of a smoldering building. The expression on his face revealed a conflict within, torn between duty and the consequences of his actions. As our eyes met, the air crackled with unresolved tension.

"Zaryn!" I called out, my voice cutting through the aftermath of chaos. He turned to face me, and for a moment, the world seemed to stand still. The weight of the unspoken words hung between us, a chasm of betrayal and confusion.

"You should have stayed confined, Fabienne," Zaryn's voice carried a heavy burden. "I did what needed to be done."

"What you did was unleash havoc upon these innocent people," I retorted, my anger and disappointment simmering beneath the surface. "You betrayed their trust and mine."

Zaryn approached, a weariness etched across his features. "This chaos is a necessary step to fulfill the bargain with Fate of Esher. Sacrifices must be made for the greater good."

"I don't freaking understand this is all for a greater good! Look around you, the pain you inflicted can be seen in their eyes, this is not goodwill but injustice!" I insisted, my determination unwavering. "We can't let this cycle of bloodshed continue, so please stop. If you don't, I won't stand by and watch more innocent lives be lost."

Our confrontation intensified, the clash of our convictions echoing in the desolate town square. The tension between Zaryn and me reached a boiling, our conflicting convictions casting a shadow over the devastated town square. The fate of these people teetered on the edge, and the choices we made in the next moments would determine the path ahead.

"You underestimate the consequences of interfering with Fate of Esher's demands," Zaryn warned, his gaze unwavering. "This is the only way to ensure the safety of my sister and the future of humankind!"