TAA 27: Right Time

CHAPTER 27:  RIGHT TIME

FABBY | FABIENNE

The following consecutive days were like a routine. Zaryn persisted in dragging me into the woods every morning, even before the sun began its ascent. Initially, the idea was unbearable, and I never seemed to get accustomed to it. However, as time marched on, resistance faded, and submission became the only option I have.

First, he'd lecture about breathing techniques to enhance my spells— unspoken words that left me more breathless than focused. Then came the real challenge. Zaryn, like a wizard maestro, unleashed a barrage of stones for me to dodge and defend against. Counting became futile as the stones rained down relentlessly, turning each training session into a dance of survival.

Minsan umaabot na kami sa malawak na luntian ng kagubatan, dahil kung hindi ako iilag, tiyak akong ang aking katawan ang matamaan. Ayoko naman magkaroon ng maraming pasa, kaya wala rin akong pag-asa.

He wanted me to use my power while in the middle of battle. Minsan kasi napapahinto ako para umatake pero hindi ito ang gustong mangyari ni Zaryn. He wanted me to attack while dodging, parang mahahati na ang utak ko araw-araw.

Zaryn's intensity didn't wane. It felt like he aimed not just to teach but to push me to the brink. Dodging stones became a perilous dance, and every move seemed like a step closer to danger. Wala talaga siyang awat, at lagi akong naiinis tuwing natatamaan ako.

He wanted me to be cautious while careful planning my offense, pero paano ko ba magagawa ‘yon sa maikling panahon? Hindi naman ako si Ang, the Avatar na natural niyang natutunan lahat. Mas marami pa akong reklamo kaysa sa ginagawa ko.

Kung ganun ang ganap naming dalawa ni Zaryn sa umaga, ito naman si Lavander mukhang tanga. Hindi lang siya tanga, masyado din siyang epal sa buhay ko. While Lavander rested in the vacation house, oblivious to our daily struggles, her jealousy sparked when she glimpsed our early morning departures. I couldn't find time for explanations, but secretly, I enjoyed the amusing spectacle of her struggle.

Everyday, for a maximum of three hours, Zaryn would spend it with me in the magical sceneries of the woods. But, the rest of his hours after that, were a mystery to me. Kapag kasi tuwing nakauwi na kami, maghihiwalay agad kami ng landas dahil maglilinis ako ng katawan, at agad siyang aalis para sa trabaho na hindi ko alam.

It was a very boring routine, and even if I am at ease that our connection is becoming closer, I still don't know what he is up to. Natanong ko naman siya dati kung gusto niya ba ang tulong ko, pero lagi niyang nililihis ang usapan. I've been patient enough that I didn't interfere with his affairs but my curiosity is driving me nuts.

As time went by, boredom gripped me as Zaryn departed after our morning training, leaving me alone in the echoing stillness of the vacation house. The landscapes outside the window, once a source of my unyielding solace, now felt like silent spectators to my solitude.

Kapag ganito lagi, mas mababaliw lang ako, kaya naisip kong umalis. I decided to venture into the nearby town. With pockets filled with Zegordian coins and paper, I embraced the idea of wasting not only time but also money in pursuit of something that can ease my boredom.

Binigyan din kasi ako ng pera ng reyna, para hindi raw ako magmukhang pulubi habang kasama ang isang dakilang gentry ng Zegordia. Diba, nakaka-urat lang. But, nonetheless, thanks to the money, I will be having fun.

The town unfolded before me, a canvas of vibrant colors and lively activity. Market stalls beckoned with an array of goods, each display a potential distraction from the routine of my days. As I strolled through the lively streets, the hum of conversations and the kaleidoscope of sights replaced the silent echoes of the vacation house.