TAA 31: Second Time

CHAPTER 31: SECOND TIME

FABBY | FABIENNE

A grunt escaped my mouth as I propelled yards away from where I was initially standing. Kung hindi ko kaagad naigalaw ang aking mga paa para bumaba ang impak ng tumilapon ako palayo, malamang dumausdos na ako nang tuluyan. Maharas akong napabuga ng dugo at napahawak sa aking dibdib ng rumihestro ang sakit.

I was catching my breath as I tried to focus my vision. The smoke coming from the impact dispersed immediately when a harsh strong wind enveloped the entire barren land. It was so strong that it almost took me away, but I held tightly the only weapon I had in my hands.

Walang makikita na kahit isang buhay na puno sa parte na ito ng Emerald Forest. Due to the excessive heat, it is a miracle if a single plant can grow. The land is also scarce of water, so life cannot truly prosper. This part of land is not totally wasted or neglected, marami pa rin naman ang namumuhay rito— those who can withstand the heat, and can survive without water for a long time.

There are Dalaysian Beasts who lived through this kind of harsh environment, and one of the most terrifying things about their survival is they oppress those who are weaker than them. It represents the entire world of Dalaysia, even Arcadia is not an exception.

“Is that all you've got?”

Napaangat ang aking tingin dahil sa narinig kong tugon ng taong kanina pa ako pilit pinapatay. Nakaupo siya sa isang malaking bato na gawa sa maliit na bato nitong deserto. Ever since this training began, she hasn't moved an inch yet I've been repelled multiple times away from her.

Her annoying voice made my legs move even when it's shaking. Ayoko sa uri ng boses na ginagamit niya, lagi niyang pinaparamdam sa akin kung gaano ako kahina kapag kaharap siya. Her menacing voice doesn't suit her angelic face, yet everyone should always consider that beautiful faces also hide a hideous scar.

“You are disappointing me, Fabienne. You even wished to fight against me, yet, in just a single hand move, you almost die,” Fate of Esher uttered with a mocking voice. Her eyes tell the exact same thing her mouth does. Those deep blue orbs felt like a blue fire that would cremate me entirely.

I wiped the blood coming from my mouth and stood straight up, even when I could literally feel my legs were being compromised. I twisted the staff I'm holding and aimed it at her. This is a wood staff that helped me deflect most of her attacks, yet it always breaks when Fate of Esher uses a major energy to attack me.

She said before that the power of the ruler of Emerald Forest is everywhere. It means, I can use everything around me to do anything I want, but currently, I'm not at that level where I can freely command the forest to my side.

Fate of Esher also said that a ruler’s weapon can be anything, even a single leaf can be deadly if I use it precisely. Kaya rin nagawa kong maglabas ng mga dahon dati at ginamit ang mga ito bilang patalim para mahuli ang nagtangkang paslangin ako. Right now, I use a wood staff as a weapon to deflect most of her attack.

“Again,” I uttered firmly. My voice was devoid of emotion as I looked at her with a nonchalant expression. In this state, being overwhelmed by feelings will hinder me to think critically and plot my way to touch her.

This is what the training was all about. Ang kailangan ko lang gawin ay mahawakan siya kahit anong parte sa katawan niya. But everytime I try to get closer to fulfilling my task, I always repel. Her protective barriers were so strong that they could potentially kill me.

Ilang linggo na akong paulit-ulit na ginagawa ito, at ilang linggo na rin akong talo. I never had the chance, and even if I dodge her attacks, and finally stood closer, the barrier deflects my attacks. Kung wala lang sana ‘yon, nahawakan ko na siya.