TAA 19: Contact

CHAPTER 19: CONTACT

FABBY | FABIENNE

Pilit kong pinapakalma ang aking sarili habang hawak ang kanang kamay ni Zaryn. Mahimbing siyang natutulog sa kama at kahit sa sakit na dulot ng nangyari, maamo pa rin ang mukha nito.

He is now okay after the second Prince of Zegordia cured him. I don't know exactly what he did but the pain that Zaryn felt eventually dispersed when the prince touched him. Winchester moved him to another chamber that is the closest to our direction.

He didn't stay for too long and left after a few words. I am utterly grateful for his help, he didn't ask for any compensation but I will consider this as a favor.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit nangyari 'yon, I had that sudden urge to touch his lips and the next thing happened gave usna terrible result. Ayoko na maulit 'yon, pero hindi ko naman alam kung bakit rin nangyari.

"His breathing is now normal, you don't need to worry, Ate Fabby. Our family doctor said that the second Prince used ethereon to calm the love bond. It seems like when Kuya Zaryn used his curse speech, the love bond sensed it as a threat, attacking his own."

Napako ang tingin ko kay Frencia ng magsalita siya. Kanina, narito si Lavander sa silid at halos dumugin na niya ako sa mga sumbat niya, kaya kailangan siyang hilain ni Winchester paalis para kumalma. Lavander thinks it was my fault and spat a lot of hurtful things. Princess Frencia came when Lavander went out, and now she's here with me, watching the gentry sleep.

"It must have hurt him as hell," I said softly when my eyes went back on him. Hinawakan ko ng mahigpit ang kanyang kamay habang nakatingin sa natutulog nitong mukha. "He was in pain, it seems like the pain is unbearable based on how he looked earlier. Kung wala akong ginawa, hindi niya maramdaman 'yon."

"None of you can control a love bond," bigkas ng prinsesa. Sumandal siya sa sandalan ng upuan at tumingala sa kisame. "The longer it stays, the stronger it pulls you together. It's the marital act it wants, Ate Fabby. Your dormant power wants to be unleashed."

Napamaang ako. Agad akong tumingin sa kaniya. "If this goes on, and he always tries to control it, will it hurt him more?" I asked, although I can already feel the answer on my own, I want to clarify it.

"Even if the act has been fulfilled, the love bond still stays there, but the marking will be gone. This love bond will fuel itself to the shared connection," Princess Frencia said. She smiled at me prettily as if she wanted me to realize it on my own. "You must be wondering how I knew that despite my young age?" she implied.

Napatango ako. I noticed that her mind is far more mature than her age. Is it because she is surrounded by adults, and the only young lady in the Royal Palace, making her intelligence and reasoning improve? Or she's a curiosity driven princess who always wonders what ifs.

"Aside from being surrounded by oldies, grandpas and grandmas, I want to gain knowledge on things, on how they work and their contributions to human development. I recently found out how we make babies and it is so gross, but- a major but, it's wonderful when you realize they did it for love," she said with a genuine expression playing on her face. "And I also found out that not all do it for love, for pleasure, for necessities. Accidents happened because they didn't plan it. But what is actually confusing is how people deny what they dod, blaming others for their own mishaps."

"They don't want to be held accountable," I said in a low tone of voice. I get what Frencia is implying, she suggested that Zaryn doesn't want to be held accountable for his own mistake that is why he controlled the love bond.

"Yes, but it's not just that," she agreed, but also wished to add more clauses. Princess Frencia stood and clasped her hand. "They don't want to accept and submit. They don't want to accept that they are wrong, that they controlled it, and they don't want to submit to their own mistakes. Humans tend to make mistakes because it's their nature, what is actually terrifying is not to learn from it."